Good motorcycle shops in Toronto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good motorcycle shops in Toronto

He’s a bit gruff to some but, I find he has a great sense of humour.
I used to think that too as he was the first shop I went to for to for a few years, because his rates were low and he was really local. Then I heard him tell sexual jokes about his teenage daughter to illicit laughs from complete strangers. And those who really know him would know how much he talked about his wife to customers. The disrespectful things he would say about his customers to other customers behind their backs started to get worse the more I knew him. I've observed him do quite a few things that are really inappropriate to customers - even when it comes to repair work on their bikes. We can all have different opinions and different senses of humour, but he's just not the type of business I would want to give my hard earned money to or even associate with. Maybe he has changed for the better, as he was a man of very low morals.
That stuff aside, he's going to be retiring soon anyways, so if I was looking for a Toronto based mechanic, I would look for one that I could rely on for years to come. I also did take my bike to Tom at CycleWerx @ Keele & Bloor and had good experiences there, but I have heard other reviews that were not as nice.

edit: My vote would easily go to Speedworx or Pro6.

Last edited:
I used to think that too as he was the first shop I went to for to for a few years, because his rates were low and he was really local. Then I heard him tell sexual jokes about his teenage daughter to illicit laughs from complete strangers. And those who really know him would know how much he talked about his wife to customers. The disrespectful things he would say about his customers to other customers behind their backs started to get worse the more I knew him. I've observed him do quite a few things that are really inappropriate to customers - even when it comes to repair work on their bikes. We can all have different opinions and different senses of humour, but he's just not the type of business I would want to give my hard earned money to or even associate with. Maybe he has changed for the better, as he was a man of very low morals.
That stuff aside, he's going to be retiring soon anyways, so if I was looking for a Toronto based mechanic, I would look for one that I could rely on for years to come. I also did take my bike to Tom at CycleWerx @ Keele & Bloor and had good experiences there, but I have heard other reviews that were not as nice.

edit: My vote would easily go to Speedworx or Pro6.

Wow! Thanks for the input Shane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ted has done tire changes and certifications for me over the 18 years I’ve been riding. Never once have I heard him say a bad thing about his wife or daughter. He does have a unique sense of humour though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with David, the mechanic that was at Flying Squirrel with Glen, and they apparently split on good terms.
Dave opened up a shop at Eatern and Carlaw called Alleycat Motorcycle Service, he did my work at the FS, and it was pretty good overall.
Glen at FS moved within the same building (didn't call him yet tho as I believe he is closed now) to a smaller unit that seems to be doing just retail. May edit this after I speak with Glen as I forgot his GTAM handle...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Ted has done tire changes and certifications for me over the 18 years I’ve been riding. Never once have I heard him say a bad thing about his wife or daughter. He does have a unique sense of humour though.
And I get that people have different experiences. There are many positive reviews of him, his work and his shop and I don't discredit those in any way - just providing my personal, honest observations. I wouldn't be surprised if I posted many good reviews on about the shop when I was going there 10-15 years ago.

Just an update. I got my bike back from Ted today after getting new tires and an oil change (the weather threw a wrench in my original plans so I had to leave it there for a day). I'm very happy with the service and thought Ted did a good job.

He answers the phone, seems like a direct and honest guy, the prices seem reasonable. All in all, I'm happy with the experience and I'd go back again.

Just an update. I got my bike back from Ted today after getting new tires and an oil change (the weather threw a wrench in my original plans so I had to leave it there for a day). I'm very happy with the service and thought Ted did a good job.

He answers the phone, seems like a direct and honest guy, the prices seem reasonable. All in all, I'm happy with the experience and I'd go back again.
Did you purchase the tires from him ? Wondering if the pricing is competitive with St. Onge located in Barrie.

Did you purchase the tires from him ? Wondering if the pricing is competitive with St. Onge located in Barrie.

Yup. Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. Seems to have many of them in stock. 400 installed for both front and rear.

Yup. Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. Seems to have many of them in stock. 400 installed for both front and rear.
Nice! I got some crazy quotes from ATC Corral. I should call Rosey for quotes. Worst case I'll ride to st. Onge and get them installed.

I think the closest you may find to downtown is the shop opposite Harbord St. on Ossington.
The sign out front says they do motorcycle repairs.
I have driven by but I've never been in so this is not a recommendation just passing on info.

I've only had terrible exp with Snow City service dept.

I brought in one of my previous bikes as I had a check engine light come on while riding.

They told me they could scan it to pull the code, but I would have to leave it with them for 3 or 4 days as they were "really busy"...

Went home, googled how to rig up a cheater method to pull the codes and had my answer in 30 seconds.

The parts counter people, and sales people are great though.

I've only had terrible exp with Snow City service dept.

I brought in one of my previous bikes as I had a check engine light come on while riding.

They told me they could scan it to pull the code, but I would have to leave it with them for 3 or 4 days as they were "really busy"...

Went home, googled how to rig up a cheater method to pull the codes and had my answer in 30 seconds.

The parts counter people, and sales people are great though.

Unless there is another issue...I fail to see how this is a terrible experience. "They were busy" doesn't seem to qualify.

Unless there is another issue...I fail to see how this is a terrible experience. "They were busy" doesn't seem to qualify.

Well, it sounds reasonable until I think that we're just talking about telling me what a code says... it's a 30 second problem for anyone that wants to actually help you. I don't bother going back if people tell me to wait 4 days for something like that.

Well, it sounds reasonable until I think that we're just talking about telling me what a code says... it's a 30 second problem for anyone that wants to actually help you. I don't bother going back if people tell me to wait 4 days for something like that.

nothing is a 30 second problem tho by the time the tech clears his bench, brings your bike in, sets it up on the stand, removes whatever is needed to get at the diagnostics plug, reads the code, writes his report etc your 30 sec just turned into 30 min, and if your bike was in the shop getting worked on and got bumped for every "30 second" problem that came thru the door i'm sure you would have a problem with it.
I've never had any work done at Snow City so cant really comment on them as a shop but them being busy doesn't really qualify at bad service

Last edited:
3-4 days to get a diagnostic reading, and your complaining....

I just called to get an oil and filter change, earliest time available is 2 weeks from now...and leave the bike all day.

Shops are busy, even my BMW dealership....

If I want it done faster I can buy the oil and filter and do it myself, just like you did your own diagnostic...

But no sense in being mad because a shop is busy.....

I'm not "mad", I merely stated that in my opinion I received terrible service.

Diagnostic port is readily accessible under the passenger seat so all in all, to remove seat, plug it in and show me a code, ...about 2min.

So they lost a customer, and the $80 they charge which I would have been happy to pay.

Good shops become victims of their own success.

I took my bike into what had been a great shop, as I was leaving Toronto.
I asked how long to get the work done, which had been waiting months for parts (This was after the Japan Tsunami).
The parts were now in their hands and they gave me a date.
I said, ok, I will pick it up one day later, since I need to take a 5 hour train ride to get it.
I showed up to ride the bike 5 hours home, and a new person, was still working on it.
Possibly, they'd been doing lots of two minute items ;).
Anyways, it took another two hours, for him to say he was finished.
I got the bike a less than half a block. Brought it back and he did more adjustments.
The part failed shortly after making the 5 hour trip, for which I'm grateful.
Now I have another suspect part, that was done at the same time.

Because the shop was so successful, they ended up with too many bikes for the current crew to repair.
They then had to hire more people, some of whom, weren't up to par, to keep up with demand.
Unfortunately, one of those people happened to work on my bike this time.

So, the original question is a moving target.

Rosie Toes with his gruff exterior, scaring off some customers, might just be a blessing in disguise, if he's managed to keep the same capable crew over the years.

I just got off the phone with David, the mechanic that was at Flying Squirrel with Glen, and they apparently split on good terms.
Dave opened up a shop at Eatern and Carlaw called Alleycat Motorcycle Service, he did my work at the FS, and it was pretty good overall.
Glen at FS moved within the same building (didn't call him yet tho as I believe he is closed now) to a smaller unit that seems to be doing just retail. May edit this after I speak with Glen as I forgot his GTAM handle...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. Havent been on the site in quite a while. David the mechanic is www.alleycatmotorcycleservice.com Just 5 minutes south of Flying Squirrel. Were still selling parts and accessories here at Flying Squirrel. Just not doing service any more. That being said we do still have a tire machine and will install tires on rims while you wait.

Back
Top Bottom