Track day Riders... I need help!! Give me tips and tricks. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track day Riders... I need help!! Give me tips and tricks.

Fz750 Rider

Pls give me tips and tricks on how you remember to do things.
How do I stop my toe from sticking out like that? (Main problem)
How do get my elbow to stick out? I can do this but just can't remember to actively bring it up.

I can't for the life of me stop sticking my toe out... eventually its going to touch the ground. Thankfully, this has not happened as yet.

I'm probably going to get ripped apart for my body positioning haha but I can work on that . Lots of variables happening here a picture cant tell. Anyway, Thanks guys. Go easy.
874613302afe922e7512dba082d74e8c.jpg
057a73c97f40818c6967bf9e3d038db7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Your foot is too far forward on the peg. Move your foot back so the peg is under the ball of your foot. There's a good chance your heel will be against the swingarm or the heel guard on your rearsets.

Here's some onboard footage from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzb78SdjZw

What he said.....you need to get into habit of using the ball of your foot on the peg instead of the heel. Move ball of foot on to the peg after each shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your foot is too far forward on the peg. Move your foot back so the peg is under the ball of your foot. There's a good chance your heel will be against the swingarm or the heel guard on your rearsets.

Here's some onboard footage from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzb78SdjZw
Woah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you so much. Another thing to remember now haha Also, very nice video

Move off the seat more, and keep your upper body inline with your butt.
Use your outer leg (in the turn) to grip on the tank allowing you to hang off with your legs.
Watch some videos of body positioning, and get more seat time. It will come with practice.
Could also look at taking some training. FAST, Pro 6, Racer 5 etc...

Your hips are over on the right and your shoulders are left of centre. It looks like you are fighting yourself to get the correct position. I'm very far from an expert, but I would be trying to get my head over the inside grip to bring my shoulders over (and the bike more upright).

leaning%20diagram.jpg

EDIT:

Be careful hanging off on the street. It's fun but doesn't leave you with a lot of options if things don't go according to plan.

Unless you're going warp speed on the road, you never really have to get into "proper form" often or at all. So it's easy to overthink or exaggerate your BP as shown in the photos.

As JayV mentioned, take the course, you'll learn the basics in a safe environment and you don't have to worry about being on the track with aggressive riders. Even in the green group.

Racer5 or FAST.

Take the course.

Do this.

You already have enough ticket bait with your license plate position and rear lights, you don't need to attract any more attention with wanna be racer moves on the street.

the track guys have given you good advice OP

some from an old street rider:
worry less what you look like
and more about the fundamentals

first pic the guy behind you is going 64 kmh
as you're riding together I assume that is your speed as well
there is no need to be hanging off a motorcycle at that speed

focus on proper setup for the corner, countersteer
throttle on the way out...and like GG said,
hanging off the bike on the street has it's own risks
no need to be be doing it at posted speed limits

I exaggerated my body positioning and try to workout kinks in my form while street riding. Real handy when you have a buddy with a GoPro. Also my plate is that way because my rear tire hits it and bends it. I haven't touched the plate since I put it on.

That being said, let me ease your mind a little. This is my 11th year of Canadian riding experience. This is my 5th Street bike 125 - 750s. I also ride dirt. Top is off, I have zero tickets on a motorcycle soo... I don't know, hope that helps.

I'll do a track day/one of the schools when I am ready. Thx for all the advice.

Getting school training, or doing a trackday and having an experienced rider follow you for a few warm up laps and giving you feedback will do wonders.

all good advice. Im wondering if the rider is familiar with countersteering. OP, are you countersteering?
+1 on FAST or RACER5 schooling.

You will learn more in 1 day on the track (at a school) than you will in a year on the street. Invest in skill, it always stays with you.

Unless you're going warp speed on the road, you never really have to get into "proper form" often or at all. So it's easy to overthink or exaggerate your BP as shown in the photos.

As JayV mentioned, take the course, you'll learn the basics in a safe environment and you don't have to worry about being on the track with aggressive riders. Even in the green group.

Whilst what you say is most likely correct it never does you harm to use slow corners to practise good form. But, as many others have said, 1 good day of instruction at the track will give you a better platform going forward.

My advice - never give up on a corner. Most bikes will outperform our skill levels.

all good advice. Im wondering if the rider is familiar with countersteering. OP, are you countersteering?
+1 on FAST or RACER5 schooling.

There is no other way to get a motorcycle through a turn other than counter steering. Of course he's doing it, he may not be aware of it but he's certainly counter steering. I think you may be implying that he's not actively "pushing" on the inner bar.

Back
Top Bottom