Track day Riders... I need help!! Give me tips and tricks. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track day Riders... I need help!! Give me tips and tricks.

There is no other way to get a motorcycle through a turn other than counter steering. Of course he's doing it, he may not be aware of it but he's certainly counter steering. I think you may be implying that he's not actively "pushing" on the inner bar.

I will change the question for you.
Does the op actively use countersteering with awareness and to change direction quickly by pushing on the handlebars / clip-ons.

At the lean angles in your photos, don't try to do anything exteme with your body and don't move your butt it will just confuse you. Just lean with the bike keep your body centered on it and you'll be fine. You are actually leaning against it. Go to the track as others have said.

I will change the question for you.
Does the op actively use countersteering with awareness and to change direction quickly by pushing on the handlebars / clip-ons.
To answer your question. I'm not overly using counter steering awareness mid corner, I use my body to hold lines. I use the handlebars for clutch and speed control purposes only. Unless I have to change direction quickly, floping the bike one side to the other like in my first post. Or initiating a turn at the last minute. I don't even think about counter steering. I try to keep no pressure on the handlebars whatsoever.

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

To answer your question. I'm not overly using counter steering awareness mid corner, I use my body to hold lines. I use the handlebars for clutch and speed control purposes only. Unless I have to change direction quickly, floping the bike one side to the other like in my first post. Or initiating a turn at the last minute. I don't even think about counter steering. I try to keep no pressure on the handlebars whatsoever.

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Good; no offense intended at all, but I was a little worried about your skill set when you mentioned a problem with your toes out lol. sounds like you are aware of and using counter steering, and its great to hear you're taking the plunge and doing a track school..this is going to be a blast for you.

Back
Top Bottom