2004 GSX-R 600 License mount bracket? Anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2004 GSX-R 600 License mount bracket? Anyone?

HBHarrison

Been a long time since i have been on this site lol

Last street bike was an 07 R6.... after that i was track riding.

Just got a used 04 GSX-R 600 .... looking to find a license mount under the seat near the rear suspension. I cant seem to find any ... but right now anything will be better then the plate being zip tied to the swing arm lol

something like this ...

https://goo.gl/images/NVgo9s

Thanks!!

Just get the yoshimura tail tidy kit, which places the plate near the original location and comes with a plate light. The place where you want to put it is begging for a ticket.

well, currently its zip tied to the swing arm... thought that would be a quick ticket as well

Just get the yoshimura tail tidy kit, which places the plate near the original location and comes with a plate light. The place where you want to put it is begging for a ticket.

Anything else out there? I already have an undertail kit with LED blinkers an such.

Anything else out there? I already have an undertail kit with LED blinkers an such.

I would do as Brian P suggested... unless you want the extra attention from the Police etc. Its an easy reason to pull you over for law enforcement, and I am sure after the shenanigans from previous years in the GTA they will be watching out more this year.

I would do as Brian P suggested... unless you want the extra attention from the Police etc. Its an easy reason to pull you over for law enforcement, and I am sure after the shenanigans from previous years in the GTA they will be watching out more this year.

Agree. Idiots last year increased the heat score on all bikes. I would be amazed if you mounted a plate like the pic and made it through the season without an expensive conversation.

ok thanks guys.

Maybe I will just switch out the entire undertail to some thing with a plate mount near the year. But not a lot of manufacturers out there still make an 04 GSXR undertail with mounting for license plate... or am I wrong?

I haven't ridden street for years so I'm out of the loop with things lol

Just get an aluminum L bracket & put all your lights & plate on it. Bearly visible

way off topic.... but previous owner not sure if it was synthetic oil or regular oil... how can I tell when I get it changed? or Just got full synthetic anyways?

On my old 07 600 GSXR, I literally used 2 L brackets from home depot to mount the plate to the stock undertail holes; lined right up with no issue, completely hidden and cost $1

On my old 07 600 GSXR, I literally used 2 L brackets from home depot to mount the plate to the stock undertail holes; lined right up with no issue, completely hidden and cost $1

My undertail has no holes.... do you have pics of this old setup of yours?

It means someone has replaced the stock part underneath the tail section (which has holes for the rear fender) with an aftermarket one with no holes.

Take your seat off and take a look at the subframe. The subframe will have some holes in the bottom of it that the screws from the fender are supposed to go into, and the bottom bodywork part should be against the bottom of the subframe at that location. Mark where those holes should be on the bottom bodywork part and drill.

As mentioned above I just used a L bracket and used the stock bolt to screw into the existing hole. my 2012 had four "holes" left . i used the two holes closest to the engine for the license plate and used the license plate lights i bought from amazon screwed directly into the other holes.

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorcycle-Li...D=41q34Laz%2BJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

the wires go directly underneath the passenger seat so it very easy to splice into.
tip. use a washer if a light won't face the license plate. the washer offsets the start of tread of the screw. hope that makes sense.
only pain in the *** was driling a bigger hole into the L bracket for the oem bolts. later

Back
Top Bottom