Any other Zero riders? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any other Zero riders?

Right you are! Which means, we were wrong initially. Clearly I know nothing about tires. ...

Weird eh :| almost make you wonder if the rain tire guys are just making stuff up or nobody else got the memo.

Would love an electric motorcycle, but the range just isn't there yet for the type of riding I do.

If electrics were allowed to ride bicycle paths and environmental sensitive areas :I bet we would all want one.

you are suppose to funnel the water away from the centre of the tread not towards it.
... if you have a directional tread tire and that one is.

Honestly dude, I know you are trying to help but please educate yourself first and do not spread misinformation.

Motorcycles are not cars. Front tires on motorcycles do have a reverse direction tread in comparison to the rears.

Clearly you are a rookie. Read the following article if you still don't believe me.

http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/12/26/wh...and-rear-tires-have-opposite-thread-patterns/

Weird eh :| almost make you wonder if the rain tire guys are just making stuff up or nobody else got the memo.
Or you think you're smarter than you are.

Consider which way the water needs to go when the bike is leaned over, which is when grip is most critical.

Honestly dude, I know you are trying to help but please educate yourself first and do not spread misinformation.

Motorcycles are not cars. Front tires on motorcycles do have a reverse direction tread in comparison to the rears.

Clearly you are a rookie. Read the following article if you still don't believe me.

http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/12/26/wh...and-rear-tires-have-opposite-thread-patterns/

ya I only been doing the motorcycle thing since 1965, don't listen to me I might be senile.
geesh, it just looked wrong, ok? <- I even posted it as a question!

What I care about most on my street bikes is having good rain tires, if they are great in rain they are probably a pretty safe bet.

Last edited:
Front tires point backwards. Rears point forwards.
Thank you, we figured out it has an arrow on it to make it idiot proof ;)

Thank you, we figured out it has an arrow on it to make it idiot proof ;)

Nothing is idiot proof. I've mounted a front with tread pointing forward in a rush...then had to spoon it off and redo it in the proper direction. Rushing saved no time that time.

I like the idea of electric but it is certainly not ready for prime time for anything other then local commuting. Tesla at least has developed an infrastructure that could get you across the country (at least in the US) with charging stations.

If I was strictly a commuter I could see getting one, but as I love to commute and LOVE to tour on the bike electric is just not up to snuff yet.

Time now for the Loud Pipes Crowd to condemn this whisper quiet bike. I wonder if future accident statistics, once more all-electric vehicles become more common, will confirm this. Some noise is good, as I was walking in my quiet residential neighbourhood and almost crossed the street without looking, since I could hear nothing but what sounded like very faint tire noise, so I looked and sure enough it was an all-electric car. Visual and audible clues are now reduced to mainly visual only with electric vehicles.

If there were govt incentives like for the electric cars i'd be on one in a blink of an eye.

And does this mean that your motorcycle can go in the HOV lanes on the big highways? It's an electric vehicle!

Time now for the Loud Pipes Crowd to condemn this whisper quiet bike. I wonder if future accident statistics, once more all-electric vehicles become more common, will confirm this. Some noise is good, as I was walking in my quiet residential neighbourhood and almost crossed the street without looking, since I could hear nothing but what sounded like very faint tire noise, so I looked and sure enough it was an all-electric car. Visual and audible clues are now reduced to mainly visual only with electric vehicles.

You are doing it wrong, like all the other people who will complain to nth degree about quite cars or bikes .... LOOK first then go ... I know it sounds simple, but I am not kidding. Hearing is for listening to music or having a conversation, not for crossing streets and other traffic related activities.

I like the idea of electric but it is certainly not ready for prime time for anything other then local commuting. Tesla at least has developed an infrastructure that could get you across the country (at least in the US) with charging stations.

If I was strictly a commuter I could see getting one, but as I love to commute and LOVE to tour on the bike electric is just not up to snuff yet.

I'd say you summarized it pretty well. Bikes will be waiting quite a bit longer for the viable long distance solutions. Almost looks like it will need a new battery tech first, since we would require the same mileage as cars, yet the space the designers have to cram the current available power density into the bikes is several fold smaller than cars can offer. And than there's high speed charging ....

If there were govt incentives like for the electric cars i'd be on one in a blink of an eye.

And does this mean that your motorcycle can go in the HOV lanes on the big highways? It's an electric vehicle!

If you have the right plates :)

Unfortunately no, and this is what pisses me off. Electric bikes don't qualify for the green plates, so no HOV and no rebates on the purchase or charger.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Time now for the Loud Pipes Crowd to condemn this whisper quiet bike. I wonder if future accident statistics, once more all-electric vehicles become more common, will confirm this. Some noise is good

I will say on Sunday I was alone on a long country road, until I saw a pedal biker ahead in the distance. When I passed her I made sure to give her an exceptionally wide berth because I assumed she wouldn't hear me and didn't want to surprise her rushing past her.

For my own safety and others, I'm riding even more consciously as if no-one knows I'm there. As electric vehicles become more common, maybe people will become more visually aware of their surroundings versus just listening (if even that).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Didn't the OP already confirm he had the tire on backwards, and Trials was indeed correct? Or did I miss something...

Back
Top Bottom