Any other Zero riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any other Zero riders?

anterabae

Just picked up my new ride yesterday; a Zero DS 13.0. Curious if anyone else here has one!

This is Stormfly. She's already been getting a lot of attention on my ride yesterday. Everywhere we stopped people came by to check her out. If you see us out, come say hi!
4be4b846011b712deb3f4a063eebf2d8.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Looks like West Montrose?
I'll be headed out for a bit this afternoon from Guelph if you're interested in joining. I'm on an FJR though....

Looks like West Montrose?
I'll be headed out for a bit this afternoon from Guelph if you're interested in joining. I'm on an FJR though....
Funnily enough I'm actually in Guelph right now. Picked her up yesterday in Mitchell and taking the scenic route home, plus burning up a hotel credit that was about to expire.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sweet ride!
Not sure I'm ready to fully embrace the bleeding edge of electric motorcycle technology just yet, but it's close.

Is that front tire on backwards?

Nice bike. I was looking into getting one of those for the commute. I need a charger at work though. Would be so nice to ditch the oil companies.

I'd love to hear how you feel after some long term ridership. It's the future and your there, congrats

arent they all recalled right now?

personally, i think its too early to adopt. too expensive. battery isn't good enough and not enough charging stations. but then its probably a vicious cycle. people need to buy more of these before more charging stations appear. but some wont buy because there arent enough charging stations.

Congrats. Post up a ride report and some data when you get some ownership time in.

arent they all recalled right now?

personally, i think its too early to adopt. too expensive. battery isn't good enough and not enough charging stations. but then its probably a vicious cycle. people need to buy more of these before more charging stations appear. but some wont buy because there arent enough charging stations.

And if Tesla is an example, when there's enough out to start having the charging stations pop up everywhere, they'll all be full lol

Are you joking? If not, then just so you know - all fronts on motorcycles are “backwards.”

you are suppose to funnel the water away from the centre of the tread not towards it.
... if you have a directional tread tire and that one is.

Never mind, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Great bike and congrats! Unfortunately for me way too much money and the range would never justify it...although since I charge at work already with the Volt I could make sure to use the quick charge!

[video=youtube_share;Lualcj06m68]https://youtu.be/Lualcj06m68[/video]

lol ya I know its a car video but car guys have all the money to make videos

If it's important then there will almost certainly be an arrow on the sidewall somewhere, if not it probably does not matter.

Last edited:
Nice bike. I was looking into getting one of those for the commute. I need a charger at work though. Would be so nice to ditch the oil companies.
They installed chargers at my office at the end of last year. Costs an arm and a leg though, so I won’t be using theirs; I work for a bank, go figure! Luckily my commute’s not long.

these things have instant torque compared to super-sports right ? can win any super-sport up to 60 ?
The instant torque makes me grin like an idiot every time. It’s deceptive too, you don’t really notice it, so I kept catching myself having to ease off because I was running too close to anyone in front of me when the lights went green. :D

I'd love to hear how you feel after some long term ridership. It's the future and your there, congrats
Congrats. Post up a ride report and some data when you get some ownership time in.
How far does it go on a charge?

Zero reports anywhere between 110-240km per charge, depending how you’re riding (higher speed with less frequent braking = lower mileage). The dealer said the battery takes a while to be broken in .. we’ll see. I’ll post up stats once I’ve been riding more for sure!

Great bike and congrats! Unfortunately for me way too much money and the range would never justify it...although since I charge at work already with the Volt I could make sure to use the quick charge!
Definitely glad I got the charge tank so I can use Level 2 chargers versus standard 110V. I get that this bike isn’t for everyone, but for my riding this is perfect; I’m a commuter, not a tourer. And now I don’t have to worry about most maintenance, especially winterizing. ?

Back
Top Bottom