weather SUCKS.. the green card thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

weather SUCKS.. the green card thread

FattBoyy

by this time last year I had already put some serious km’s under my belt. For me I like atleast 10 degrees minimal and I am fine. I am seriously thinking of moving south to full full my passion to ride and stretch my season out

Anyone ever thought about moving south ? To Murica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trumplandia is not far from be bottom of the list of places in the world I’d choose to move to right now.

Weather aside, a lot of people don’t know how well off we have it here until they’re gone. I have expat family in the USA now who have been there for around 15 years and it’s far from rosy based on what I hear sometimes.

Trumplandia is not far from be bottom of the list of places in the world I’d choose to move to right now.

Weather aside, a lot of people don’t know how well off we have it here until they’re gone. I have expat family in the USA now who have been there for around 15 years and it’s far from rosy based on what I hear sometimes.

I would imagine it’s not fun to live in a country that’s constantly at war with somebody. You are right... but man the weather ...

I would imagine it’s not fun to live in a country that’s constantly at war with somebody. You are right... but man the weather ...

Find the warmest place in Canada and move there. Guess where that is?

by this time last year I had already put some serious km’s under my belt. For me I like atleast 10 degrees minimal and I am fine. I am seriously thinking of moving south to full full my passion to ride and stretch my season out

Anyone ever thought about moving south ? To Murica?

Been thinking about relocating to Texas. Don't think it's possible. Too hard for a small business owner like me

If you can manage the rain, BC can be fun year round.

If you seek warm weather state side, it gets to hot in the summer so, you end up heading north in the summer.

Ask folks who live in Arizona.

Cali sure is nice. San Francisco or San Diego are awesome year round but, affordable living?

Did that for 10 years in southern California. All season riding... it's beautiful if you can take the heat. Canyon riding is tough from June to November -- it's like doing a full workout in a sweatlodge.

Doing it again soon, this time SW Florida - winters only.

I want to move there! Hopefully get a job first!

Find the warmest place in Canada and move there. Guess where that is?

No snow/salt, almost year long riding season, higher limits, mountain roads....if it wasn't for the cost of real estate out there, I'd be tempted to move to BC if I could find a comparable job. I know the rain there sucks, but I'd rather invest in better rain gear than deal with our crap winters. Not to mention when rain ends it dries up...here we have to deal with the salt and sand that remains.

As much as I like visiting the states, I would never want to live there.
For all the countries I've ever been too, Canada is tops!!

If circumstances allowed, I could definitely see myself living in California. I'll leave the rest of the states for visiting.

Before you get too excited, look into the requirements to get a visa. Surprisingly difficult

Although the weather is tempting, there are a lot of drawbacks. Pay for your own health insurance (guys I work with pay $400/mo). It's crowded down there. The further south, the worse it gets. You may like those canyon roads, but there's a lot of traffic on them. Everywhere you go there's a lineup. Campgrounds, motels, and any place you really want to go so does everyone else. It's also a lot less safe, especially in the hot climate states.

I have always lamented the fact that Mexico is not a safe place to live. I would love to have a beach house in Baja. I also have friends in Belize, but that's a dangerous place too.

Although the weather is tempting, there are a lot of drawbacks. Pay for your own health insurance (guys I work with pay $400/mo).
Don't kid yourself, you're paying health insurance -- probably a lot more than $400/month. Forty percent Ontario tax dollars goes to fund public health care insurance.
It's crowded down there. The further south, the worse it gets. You may like those canyon roads, but there's a lot of traffic on them. Everywhere you go there's a lineup. Campgrounds, motels, and any place you really want to go so does everyone else. It's also a lot less safe, especially in the hot climate states.
Yes and no. Safer than the GTA, probably not safer than anywhere else in Canada. Like most places in the world you need to know where you are and be mindful of your surroundings. I've lived in Florida, Texas and California -- the areas I chose to live were no less safe than Markham (which is really safe IMHO).
I have always lamented the fact that Mexico is not a safe place to live. I would love to have a beach house in Baja. I also have friends in Belize, but that's a dangerous place too.
Again, you need to know your surroundings. I have friends that lived in Cabo San Lucas, they never felt scared.

I could (and have) live in the States, and parts of Mexico. Its a do your home work thing. Most urban centers have a sketchy district, and every large city has an area where you might not want to be walking around at 2am looking lost.

Parts of Mexico are not under 'government' control. You hear about tourists/travellers getting into trouble, usually when you get the complete story, they went looking for it.

Don't kid yourself, you're paying health insurance -- probably a lot more than $400/month. Forty percent Ontario tax dollars goes to fund public health care insurance. Yes and no. Safer than the GTA, probably not safer than anywhere else in Canada. Like most places in the world you need to know where you are and be mindful of your surroundings. .

Oh damn, here I was thinking the government works really hard trying to pay my health insurance. I am disappointed the government don't love me as much as I thought.

I've travelled to the states so many times & not once have I been threatened or mugged.

I don't get why Canadians attack the US so much. Yet there are tons of them who go there for better jobs.

I am a small business owner too and that’s my issue

Aren't you paying a high business tax here?

If circumstances allowed, I could definitely see myself living in California. I'll leave the rest of the states for visiting.

Before you get too excited, look into the requirements to get a visa. Surprisingly difficult

me too

and you're right about the green card
strange that Canadians require such little assimilation
and we all go there to contribute not take
but unless you are a professional sponsored by your employer
it is difficult for us to get residency

when Cali secedes we should let them join Confederation

Back
Top Bottom