Muskoka roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka roads

Brian_S

Site Supporter
Planning to visit a cottage tomorrow ... anyone knows if roads up there are still covered with salt/sand? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Planning to visit a cottage tomorrow ... anyone knows if roads up there are still covered with salt/sand? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Considering the roads around here still are...probably

Might be colder up there too

For sure ... forecast calls for 8-9 degrees and sunny but I'm not sure if roads are still sketchy.

thats probably 8-9 degrees at PEAK hours....depending on where you live and how long it takes to get there and ride and back, that could be a cold ride (speaking from experience)

thats probably 8-9 degrees at PEAK hours....depending on where you live and how long it takes to get there and ride and back, that could be a cold ride (speaking from experience)

Actually I was planning to ride there (Lake Joseph), stay overnight and come back on Sunday. Still, it will be around 2-3 degrees at 8-9 in the morning.

Farther north out of the city = less salt and more sand used. Guaranteed roads would have sand on them still.

There is also a lot of snow still around. I was in Collingwood on Thursday and the amount of snow on the side of the road is impressive. Last weekend they had about 30 to 40 cm of snow during the storm that hit Ontario. The sidewalks here in Orangeville are not plowed and are currently covered in about 10 cm of frozen snow/ice, which gets slushy in the afternoon sun. Some unpaved backroads up in cottage country might be difficult to navigate, in a car or truck.

Last edited:
I can tell you that in Peterborough we still have a lot of sand around, especially outside of the main town. Still some piles of snow from the ice storm last week mounded up and melting leaving little rivers running across the roads in places.

Actually I was planning to ride there (Lake Joseph), stay overnight and come back on Sunday. Still, it will be around 2-3 degrees at 8-9 in the morning.

Lake Joseph? Aren't those like 6-7 million dollar cottages? Must be nice.

^yup. Decent roads a bit north of joe too near the top end of Lake Roseau

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom