Kawasaki CSBK Roadracing Contingency | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki CSBK Roadracing Contingency

TK4

Let's add it all up, if Team Green took all 5 top positions at each event AND won the championships in all 3 classes -
Pro Superbike = $26,200
Pro Sportbike = $14,250
Am Lightweight = $4,750
Grand total = $45,200
Have any of the other manufacturers posted anything ?

Let's add it all up, if Team Green took all 5 top positions at each event AND won the championships in all 3 classes -
Pro Superbike = $26,200
Pro Sportbike = $14,250
Am Lightweight = $4,750
Grand total = $45,200
Have any of the other manufacturers posted anything ?

With Kenny not racing it’s unlikely they’ll pay out anything in either Pro class.

Better than nothing.

So if I win the pro sbk championship I could break even with the other pay outs as long as I only hire one guy to work and don’t crash! Bonus!

Better than nothing.

So if I win the pro sbk championship I could break even with the other pay outs as long as I only hire one guy to work and don’t crash! Bonus!

Sounds pretty easy when you put it that way.

It's getting Worse every year in the csbk...way too easy for JZ to win every year:rolleyes:

It's getting Worse every year in the csbk...way too easy for JZ to win every year:rolleyes:

Well, to be honest the grids seemed to be growing over the last 4-5 years but I know several privateers who aren’t racing this year.

I’m not sure what others may be coming back or joining the pro ranks. Pro grids might be a little smaller this year... but I hope not.

I haven't been following moto america at all. How's that series doing and is it worthwhile to run in the USA ? (Re: payouts)

EDIT went and took a look to answer my own question. big surprise. 6 million for 2018. largest payout for a motorcycle race series in the USA.

http://www.cyclenews.com/2018/03/article/motoamerica-announces-record-contingency-payout-2018/

Superbike had like 15 entries at the first race.

Purse is certainly bigger, I could finish top 10 in CSBK but I might not even qualify for a MA race. There is some serious talent in MA, and several teams are putting a lot of money into it too. The rules are also different between CSBK Superbike and MA Superbike, some of those MA bikes are worth a fortune.

The swingarm on Herrin's R1 is worth more than my bike.

Purse is certainly bigger, I could finish top 10 in CSBK but I might not even qualify for a MA race. There is some serious talent in MA, and several teams are putting a lot of money into it too. The rules are also different between CSBK Superbike and MA Superbike, some of those MA bikes are worth a fortune.

The swingarm on Herrin's R1 is worth more than my bike.

Geez. wanted to go on a rant when I read herrins swinger is worth more than your bike. So I went and made myself a coffee instead. This is a problem for motoamerica participants, as well as for wsbk. In another thread I gave my opinion that wsbk needed to make the rules for sbk more like those of supersport to keep costs down. Organizer jack azzes need to wake the fack up. I feel a bit better now. lol.

Yep, MA has real superbikes. Our superish bikes aren’t up where there’s are and too modified to run SS so you’re either detuning or going into a gunfight with a knife. They have actual factory teams, we have guys who are making the best of it with what’s available and what their checkbook allows. I’m ok with it though because it’s expensive enough and it stops me from buying silly expensive ohlins forks, MotoGP calipers, and carbon wheels. Then there’s the electronics that I’d have no idea how to work.

Geez. wanted to go on a rant when I read herrins swinger is worth more than your bike. So I went and made myself a coffee instead. This is a problem for motoamerica participants, as well as for wsbk. In another thread I gave my opinion that wsbk needed to make the rules for sbk more like those of supersport to keep costs down. Organizer jack azzes need to wake the fack up. I feel a bit better now. lol.

Why? Race SS then. As much as I like seeing racing affordable I want to see unobtainium parts with trick setups and the best riders using them. Canada doesn’t need it, the US can sort of support it. WSBK, why does that need to be dumbed down? It’s factories racing factories or guys with deep pockets funding a team. Because swingarms are allowed doesn’t mean you need it or have to spend $10k on one. There’s semi affordable options out there, they don’t need to be one offs.

Last edited:

Many orgs offer a Superbike and a Superstock class.

I liked it when MotoAmerica ran Superstock and Superbike together because the SSTK riders were part of The Show and sometimes were able to fight with the SB riders. Now it's run separately, not on TV with the SB race, etc. My bike is not legal for SSTK because of the Attack triple clamps, shock linkage, and some other parts, however it's also a far cry from a real Superbike build compared to other bikes on the MA grids.

I don't really support the idea of severe restrictions on a Superbike class. The whole idea of Superbike is to really push the limits of what you can do with a production bike. If you compare CSBK rules to MA, BSB, ASB, WBSK, etc, you'd see that our Superbikes are actually about half way between a SSTK and SB build. The R&D that comes from building these REAL Superbikes does make its way into production bikes, so we all end up with really amazing bikes out of the box.

That's a bit of a tangent......

Last edited:
Im a little bit surprised at the responses for "dumbing down" the sbk classes, but I understand. But wouldn't there be more than 15 sbk's on the grid at MA if the rules were dumbed down? Wouldn't 30 bikes on the grid make for better entertainment than 15? Wouldn't having the privateer bikes and factory bikes advantages reduced be better for the health of motorcycle racing overall? Im not much of a techno freak. I prefer busy grids with fairing banging entertainment over who has the six figure forks, wow.

If the SSTK racers were sometimes able to dice with the sbk's - is all the extra money spent really going to put on a better show? I don't think so; I think more racers on the grid would produce better entertainment... just my 2 cent opinion lol.

Last edited:
Im a little bit surprised at the responses for "dumbing down" the sbk classes, but I understand. But wouldn't there be more than 15 sbk's on the grid at MA if the rules were dumbed down? Wouldn't 30 bikes on the grid make for better entertainment than 15? Im not much of a techno freak. I prefer busy grids with fairing banging entertainment over who has the six figure forks, wow.

If the SSTK racers were sometimes able to dice with the sbk's - is all the extra money spent really going to put on a better show? I don't think so; I think more racers on the grid would produce better entertainment... just my 2 cent opinion lol.

30 bikes might be, probably would be, more entertaining than 15. That's why I liked it when they ran SSTK and SB together. I should also clarify that when I say the SSTK riders were able to fight with the SB riders, it wasn't for wins. The fastest SSTK riders were able to fight with the mid pack SB riders.

What you're asking for is a SSTK class, not SB. Attack isn't going to support a racing team if they can't use their fancy parts on the bike. Neither will Yoshimura.

Ideally what you'd have is OEM and aftermarket contingency, and enough prize money in the SSTK classes that the best privateers can either break even or even be a bit into the black over a race season. From there they can get support from teams like Attack, Westby Racing, Yoshimura, Yamalube, etc and get into The Show.

The SSTK1000 and WSS300 classes that support WSBK race weekends are often the most competitive and tightest racing. Same with moto3. Do you watch them? Ultimately what people want is close racing on the fastest bikes.

30 bikes might be, probably would be, more entertaining than 15. That's why I liked it when they ran SSTK and SB together. I should also clarify that when I say the SSTK riders were able to fight with the SB riders, it wasn't for wins. The fastest SSTK riders were able to fight with the mid pack SB riders.
yes, I didn't think otherwise.
What you're asking for is a SSTK class, not SB. Attack isn't going to support a racing team if they can't use their fancy parts on the bike. Neither will Yoshimura. not quite, but yes. some modification could remain such as triples, better brakes etc., not quite SSTK. no six figure, or even five figure unobtanium.

Ideally what you'd have is OEM and aftermarket contingency, and enough prize money in the SSTK classes that the best privateers can either break even or even be a bit into the black over a race season. From there they can get support from teams like Attack, Westby Racing, Yoshimura, Yamalube, etc and get into The Show. I like.

The SSTK1000 and WSS300 classes that support WSBK race weekends are often the most competitive and tightest racing. Same with moto3. Do you watch them? Ultimately what people want is close racing on the fastest bikes.
Yeah, I love the moto3 racing; and watch it before the moto2 races if I have a choice. I also watch the 300wsbk races when available, and I believe this class is going to produce more fans overall for wsbk.

EDIT:
Man I messed up the quote above. My responses in the quote are also not in italics. so here they are..

maybe Im just cheap. lol. I think privateers are the backbone of racing, and anything that can be done to make it more affordable for them to compete on a level playing field in the premier class - is a good thing.

not quite, but yes. some modification could remain such as triples, better brakes etc., not quite SSTK. no six figure, or even five figure unobtanium.

Yeah, I love the moto3 racing; and watch it before the moto2 races if I have a choice. I also watch the 300wsbk races when available, and I believe this class is going to produce more fans overall for wsbk.

Last edited:

EDIT:
Man I messed up the quote above. My responses in the quote are also not in italics. so here they are..

maybe Im just cheap. lol. I think privateers are the backbone of racing, and anything that can be done to make it more affordable for them to compete on a level playing field in the premier class - is a good thing.

not quite, but yes. some modification could remain such as triples, better brakes etc., not quite SSTK. no six figure, or even five figure unobtanium.

Well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree on what should be featured in The Show.

Back
Top Bottom