Kawasaki CSBK Roadracing Contingency | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki CSBK Roadracing Contingency

Well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree on what should be featured in The Show.

When CSBK is broadcast on TSN, classes other than Superbike are virtually ignored - is that what you'd call good entertainment ?

When CSBK is broadcast on TSN, classes other than Superbike are virtually ignored - is that what you'd call good entertainment ?

Riders outside the top 5 in Superbike are ignored.

There has to be value and incentive to go Pro.

The way CSBK is structured right now is weird. Fast AMs can roughly break even racing from prize money and aftermarket contingency. Then they go pro, go faster, and get $0.

There should be an incentive to go Pro. If AMs are on TV, and making decent prize money, where is the incentive to go pro?

Superbike had like 15 entries at the first race.

The twins class only had 7.

Racing motorcycles in Canada is a hobby. Anyone joining with the intention of making a profit is delusional or has been misled. There are the coulds and shoulds but it just isn't that way. Enjoy your bike, race with your buds be safe and go back to work on Monday... so you can pay for another round of fun (or abuse) however you want to see it.

Last edited:
Purse is certainly bigger, I could finish top 10 in CSBK but I might not even qualify for a MA race. There is some serious talent in MA, and several teams are putting a lot of money into it too. The rules are also different between CSBK Superbike and MA Superbike, some of those MA bikes are worth a fortune.

The swingarm on Herrin's R1 is worth more than my bike.

Just so you know, Josh Herrin rolled into Road Atlanta with a completely stock R1S in his pickup truck. Finished 10th and 6th (and would have been 4th or 3rd in the second race if not for a clutch failure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you know, Josh Herrin rolled into Road Atlanta with a completely stock R1S in his pickup truck. Finished 10th and 6th (and would have been 4th or 3rd in the second race if not for a clutch failure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware.

And Race 2 was a wet race. Rain is the great equalizer, that being said it was an amazing ride! In the 1st race, which was dry, he was 10th out of 12 finishers.

and then go broke/burn out and stop racing and get replaced by a new crop of amateurs and first year pros to do it all over again.

...this is the circle...

David will be returning to Pro Supersport this year and we have worked with Scott Miller to get some motor issues addressed, so for us we are really excited that Kawasaki stepped up and is trying to show some support. We hope to be on the podium his year and taking some of that money. Thank you Kawasaki.

Awesome

Cameron Walker (#21) will be racing in his rookie year.

While the Kawasaki contingency may be out of his reach in a rookie year it is great to see manufacturers increasing their support.

David will be returning to Pro Supersport this year and we have worked with Scott Miller to get some motor issues addressed, so for us we are really excited that Kawasaki stepped up and is trying to show some support. We hope to be on the podium his year and taking some of that money. Thank you Kawasaki.

Go get it!!

Can't wait to see what he can do with a bike that as a bit more ponies :)

Let's put some Kawies on the podium ;)

Back
Top Bottom