This can't end well. | GTAMotorcycle.com

This can't end well.

The spelling and grammar hurts my brain.

Yeah, this is not going to end well.

Someone should let the local constabulary know so they can send someone to "rent" the bike and check out the VIN, paperwork, insurance and so on.

Kinda like leaving a loaded gun in a playground.

I am skeptical that anyone is this stupid, though

Dude is sitting on a solid $90/day. You guys are just jealous.

Until day 3 when bike is crashed/stolen/seized.

Then he might be sitting on a lawsuit.

Im gonna damn try to do this lol

Is there a potential financial downside to the renter? Would paperwork saying that all insurance, damage, etc. is the responsibility of the owner be sufficient to protect the renter?

Is there a potential financial downside to the renter? Would paperwork saying that all insurance, damage, etc. is the responsibility of the owner be sufficient to protect the renter?

Short answer is no, especially because of joint and several liability.

Yes, his insurer, IF they discovered he was renting out the bike would cancel his policy in a heartbeat for material misrepresentation, (pretty sure he didn't tell them it was going to be a daily rental)...lmao then good luck getting reasonable insurance again.

No a "liability waiver" would NOT protect the owner of the bike from being sued, if the bike hits someone. His insurer as stated above would bail in a heartbeat, leaving him on the hook for any/all judgments...

Yes, his insurer, IF they discovered he was renting out the bike would cancel his policy in a heartbeat for material misrepresentation, (pretty sure he didn't tell them it was going to be a daily rental)...lmao then good luck getting reasonable insurance again.

No a "liability waiver" would NOT protect the owner of the bike from being sued, if the bike hits someone. His insurer as stated above would bail in a heartbeat, leaving him on the hook for any/all judgments...

Sorry, renter is ambiguous.

I don't care about the owner. He is obviously screwed every which way. I was wondering about whether a naive customer could lose everything.

Back
Top Bottom