The Great Mouse Hunt is On | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Great Mouse Hunt is On

Haha. Someone I know had a mouse run into a bag of chips. They tossed the bag on the lawn and hit it with 12ga bird shot. Problem solved.
Lol, that's ghetto. After that incident I actually shot myself with a bb because I didn't believe how much energy comes out of the muzzle. Needless to say it left a big spot.

I have a dirtbike that has kick start and a foam air filter which is soaked in oil. A couple of years ago I took it out in the spring and practically gave myself a heart attack trying to kick it over for about 20 minutes. It had always started perfectly other years. Finally I get the tools out and start disassembling stuff and take the air box cover off and see that a mouse (long since gone) had wintered there and had built a nest where it gave birth to a whole brood of motorcycle highjacking mice. Why those mice didn't die there, among the strong toxic fumes of oil and gas, I have no idea. Makes me wonder why then that they use mice in lab experiments? If they are that hardy, then any so-called "medicine" tested will work, cause they are just that hardy to survive on their own. I now have a piece of fly screen over the intake and problem solved.

I also had a chipmunk cracking its acorns on top of my car engine one year. leaving the shells for me to clean up. Not only did he keep warm after I parked it, but could cook his food too.

The hunt is over I hope. I found it in a glue trap this AM, still alive.

I hate those things but they work. I tried a live release with cooking oil to break the glue bond but it didn't go well. I got it free of the trap but it would take a day to clean it of the excess glue and it was unlikely Mickey would make it anyways so I offed him. RIP Mickey.

As I was trying to release him I realized I knew people that were like that glue trap. You reach out and touch them to help with a little problem and you're stuck for life. The more you try to push them away the more you get stuck.

I bought ultra sonic traps on clearance at Fortinos. $5/2. I'll see if they have more.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought ultra sonic traps on clearance at Fortinos. $5/2. I'll see if they have more.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Actually I picked one up at CT but paid about $12. I'll check my local Fortino's for a spare.

There is a mixed review on the things and the little muncher was still in the garage after a few days of Celine Dion for rodents.

Back
Top Bottom