The Great Mouse Hunt is On | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Great Mouse Hunt is On

Can't understand why nobody has suggested getting a cat.If you could keep the cat in your garage,fine.But they are not really great detterents.We have had to cat sit our daughters cat a few times (i hate pets) and i don't think her cats would ever do much.And then there is dealing with a "mousers" health.Anyone ever have a cat with worms?Jeeeeezuz what a mess!

Anybody tried fox's urine?

Its an acquired taste but goes well with chicken dishes.

Seriously though, don’t use poison traps. Plenty of owls get poisoned every year because of this. Also neighbourhood cats. Use the glue traps or live traps. I put one of those ultrasonic deterrents in my garage and it seems to have worked. Haven’t had a mouse in there in years since one got into my hockey bag and ate the inside of my gloves.

Look what the cat found in my garage.

catandmouse.jpg

What brand of ultrasonic device? Where and how much?

This is the first mouse I've seen since we've been here.

Most cats are lazy unless they're feral. Feral cats are a bigger problem than mice.

BTW to my earlier toxic gas comment. A mix of ammonia and bleach would likely do it. Unfortunately it would also destroy any exposed wiring. Can't win.

Last edited:

Most cats are lazy unless they're feral. Feral cats are a bigger problem than mice.

Plugs into a standard socket, makes an annoying low pitched noise. You don’t notice it after a while. Pretty sure it was from crappy Tire and cost a few bucks. Maybe it works...a long time ago a friend told me that he got rid of skunks under his shed by putting a radio in the shed tuned to a CBC talk channel. I told him I’d ****ing leave my house if I heard the same thing.

Plugs into a standard socket, makes an annoying low pitched noise. You don’t notice it after a while. Pretty sure it was from crappy Tire and cost a few bucks. Maybe it works...a long time ago a friend told me that he got rid of skunks under his shed by putting a radio in the shed tuned to a CBC talk channel. I told him I’d ****ing leave my house if I heard the same thing.
So you're saying we SHOULDN'T defund cbc for pest control?

What do you do with the mouse/rat after you catch it ?

I throw them under the bushes in the yard as fertilizer. But their bodies are disappearing really quick. I think the neighborhood critters are making off with them.
Oh well, still feeding the food chain.

BTW to my earlier toxic gas comment. A mix of ammonia and bleach would likely do it. Unfortunately it would also destroy any exposed wiring. Can't win.

Doesn't have to be a toxic gas. Any welding gas would do the job as long as it doesn't contain oxygen. Wrap the bike and pump in some argon or nitrogen and suffocate the little b*gger.

Do you have any friends with snakes?

Start a new thread on how to remove (fat) snakes from a motorbike.

Get a flexible boroscope for your cell phone and peek into your airbox. Mice need food,water and shelter to survive.Get rid of all three and you are golden.

I had that happen on my ATV. Pulled the airbox apart and found quite the stash.

KQJYyDS.jpg

I had that happen on my ATV. Pulled the airbox apart and found quite the stash.

KQJYyDS.jpg
Imagine the squirrel standing in the entrance as the motorcycle rides away with all his stash ahahahha

Can't understand why nobody has suggested getting a cat.

^This^
There's been a cat hanging out around here for a couple yrs. The only sign of mice or rats, are the 5 or 6 dead ones on the lawn / driveway almost every morning during the nice weather.
The last mouse I've seen in my house was suicidal. He ate his way through a box of warfarin. Died.

Saw a mouse in the garage yesterday and it got away before I could murder it. A clean up showed some turds but not enough to declare a disaster. I put out some traps baited with peanut butter and got a nibble but no score. I'm trying again with stickier glue traps.

The worrisome part is the best hiding spot for a mouse would be in the Goldwing and Goldwings have lots of wire.

I wondered about fumigating the bike by wrapping it in poly film and pumping in a toxic gas. It wouldn't be like gassing the whole garage or house. Getting the right chemical would probably put me on a no fly list as a minimum never mind getting a whiff myself.

I think I found the entry point and will fix it. A second bummer is in cleaning up I saw a drop of oil near the front of the bike. Fork seals :(
cheese whiz is my bait of choice.

I just leave one of these in the garage with peanut butter in it. Doesn't need to be checked and reset all the time like snap traps. If you are concerned about suffering, put some warfarin in there and they won't feel trapped for long. This also keeps the warfarin out of the neighbourhood owls and cats.

vp-us-M308-1

Imagine the squirrel standing in the entrance as the motorcycle rides away with all his stash ahahahha

I took my car for an oil/filter change years ago. The airbox was stuffed with un-shelled peanuts. No nest or anything. Not sure how they got in there since the intake tube was pretty long.

By the way. The reset also worked with the remaining PB. NOW 2 less problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One time I shot a bugger with a bb gun. It bled like a mofo.

Back
Top Bottom