The Great Mouse Hunt is On | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Great Mouse Hunt is On

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Saw a mouse in the garage yesterday and it got away before I could murder it. A clean up showed some turds but not enough to declare a disaster. I put out some traps baited with peanut butter and got a nibble but no score. I'm trying again with stickier glue traps.

The worrisome part is the best hiding spot for a mouse would be in the Goldwing and Goldwings have lots of wire.

I wondered about fumigating the bike by wrapping it in poly film and pumping in a toxic gas. It wouldn't be like gassing the whole garage or house. Getting the right chemical would probably put me on a no fly list as a minimum never mind getting a whiff myself.

I think I found the entry point and will fix it. A second bummer is in cleaning up I saw a drop of oil near the front of the bike. Fork seals :(

If the mouse is in your bike, I'm sure turning it on/warming it up will draw it out...

does peanut butter get the one in the garage?, or tell all the mice outside, heY peanut butter in here.....

Don’t put too much PB on the trap. That way they have to work for it.

When using the sticky traps, you can put a bit more than you would on the traditional trap...right in the middle.

If you can, move the bike away from the garage walls...where mice usually track.

Keep setting the traps even if you think you have got them all.

Then kick back and watch Ratatouille .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a flexible boroscope for your cell phone and peek into your airbox. Mice need food,water and shelter to survive.Get rid of all three and you are golden.

I use several poison bait stations in strategic locations. You can try to seal up access points but risk is that they will still find a way in.

The problem is that they only need an opening the size of nickel or something like that to get in. Pretty much impossible to seal up a house or garage from them. I had an issue with mice in my garage when we first moved in. We bought those sonic deterrents and they have worked very well. We have one in the garage and one in the basement and haven't seen any sign of mice in years.

put strong smelling stuff in your bike (like ammonia) to keep them away from it.

now if you put some everywhere in the garage might help repel them. personally ihate sticky traps. i had one eat its own leg to get out of it....

very tiny amt of peanut butter should work. too much and they wont apply enough pressure to trigger the trap.

also theres the bucket method you can look up online.

good luck.

I leave traps set in the garage all year. Every spring and fall I get 5~10 hits.
I pick up traps whenever i see them on clearance sale then just add them to the garage collection.

Anybody tried fox's urine?

I just put a trap in the garage yesterday with a small amount of PB and there he was this morning. Reset and try again. 1 less problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put a trap in the garage yesterday with a small amount of PB and there he was this morning. Reset and try again. 1 less problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you do with the mouse/rat after you catch it ?

Last edited:
What?Toilet.

lol .. it was legit question. I've never caught one, nor have I tried to. I feel like using those poison traps is better. The poison makes them thirsty, and when they go out looking for water, they slowly die. No mess.

Last edited:
I feel like using those poison traps is better. The poison makes them thirsty, and when they go out looking for water, they slowly die.

Sometimes in your wall, where you'll smell them, but can't find or remove them.

Ask me how I know.

Trapping is better than poisoning.

lol .. it was legit question. I've never caught one, nor have I tried to. I feel like using those poison traps is better. The poison makes them thirsty, and when they go out looking for water, they slowly die. No mess.
That poison makes them bleed out! They lose the clotting factor.

They don't always go out to die.Like PP said,the smell lasts a long time in your wall.Pb on a trap to crush em and then down the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom