Gas strut? Hardcase saddlebag | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas strut? Hardcase saddlebag

CalamariGSX-R

I have always had soft case saddlebags. I recently purchased a couple hard boxes.

Do people use gas struts on these or is it a safety concern if somehow the latch fails and they start opening on their own.

I am thinking gas assisted lifts would be cool and enhance the.general mojo of my bike. But I have no experience with hard cases and dont know what is standard on them

Peace.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I have always had soft case saddlebags. I recently purchased a couple hard boxes.

Do people use gas struts on these or is it a safety concern if somehow the latch fails and they start opening on their own.

I am thinking gas assisted lifts would be cool and enhance the.general mojo of my bike. But I have no experience with hard cases and dont know what is standard on them

Peace.

Oh, I suddenly realize my nickname will have people thinking, hard case on a gixxer? I own a bagger too.

Thanks!

I wouldn't want to waste all the space a gas shock took up and in my experience I wouldn't find it all that helpful. That being said, I'm a function over form guy so I will likely never own a bagger. If you like them, go ahead a fab up a set, people waste far more money on much more useless things.

How often do latches fail (especially if under pressure from a shock)? I can't imagine if happens often.

Back
Top Bottom