Sena SMH10 and Galaxy S7 voice commands | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sena SMH10 and Galaxy S7 voice commands

2006r1

Hello, new to the forum. I just bought a Sena SMH10 and am trying to voice control my tunes from my Galaxy S7 but can't figure out how. I have been trying to use Google Now but it doesn't seem to work well. What I have done is loaded all of my mp3's onto my galaxy in the MUSIC folder. They were picked up by google play so they are all in there. All I want to do is to be able to listen to those mp3's and be able to voice command the next song. Can anyone tell me if they are able to do this using a Galaxy?
Thank you in advance.

I used to have a s6 with my SENA 20s and I could not figure out also how to use the voice command. The phone would go into like driving mode and there are like limited functions of what you can do or say. I switched to an iPhone now but have not tested it with the sena yet. So goodluck.....

i used my sena mainly for radio though but if you using mp3 maybe you can put ur phone on a ram mount and then just swipe and click manually

Don't have a Sena, but rather a UClear.
That being said, the functionality of Voice Command shouldn't differ between the two.

Somewhere somehow, you can set Google to be the default Voice Command application rather than S Voice.

I've tested using "Ok Google" in my helmet and car and wind noise on the bike as well as currently playing music in the car seems to disrupt the ability to use it consistently.
In a quiet environment, it works flawlessly.

Something also to note is that you either have to add the bluetooth device as a "Trusted Device" (to be able to unlock and access your phone while it's connected), or have the phone in an unlocked (or no password) state.

Another thing is that Google Voice commands for music, only seems to work using (Google) Play Music - so perhaps importing your music there somehow?

Voice command was a pain to use constantly, so I typically just double-tap the buttons to switch to the next song. At a stop (no wind), I use it to navigate to my destination if needed.

Last edited:
SMH10 should work great. I have the same set up but with a Note 3 and Note 8, been using it for years. You should be able to tap the "phone" button on the SMH10. This will bring up google Now. Say Listen To... (song, Playlist etc)or open google Music to start the player. Previous and next song works as well.

Check your default player
Check the quality of your bluetooth mic, is it working correctly
Does Google now have access to bluetooth? Its in Google Now settings
In your bluetooth settings on phone, SMH10 Paring is both media and phone checked off?

Also there is a remote you can buy for your handle bar, I find this much more convenient.
Also use an app or something to start the player once your SMH is connected ( I use Tasker and Ultra Car Home) both will do it. and both will end the player when disconnected.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom