lwt td/race bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

lwt td/race bike

boyoboy

I'm a big fan of the lwt bikes. Been following what little info I could find on the 2018 ninja 400.

Tired of spending a small fortune to race supersport 600/1000, just to have some fun? Check out the the lwt class. Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, and lots of close racing expected.

The lwt class is growing in leaps; and the traditional 600/1000 classes... are a huge commitment and cost.

Here is a link to a dyno run and measured weight for the new for 2018 ninja400, along with the other lwt bikes for comparison. Also has some track riding impressions.

$5500 - brand spanking new with 44 rwhp. yee hah.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...0-exclusive-dyno-run-and-measured-weight.html

Last edited:
I always thought the 450 supersingle class was an awesome concept but no idea if it ever took off everywhere.

best luck at the track:thumbup:

I always thought the 450 supersingle class was an awesome concept but no idea if it ever took off everywhere.

Not around here. It's also much more expensive to get going than the usual lightweight bikes (Ninja's, CBR's, R3) plus lack of interest = no one to race with.

4k and you're in the game with any of those bikes. $4000 barely puts a dent in the super single kits.

A neat idea but flawed.

450 4S MX motors don't like running flat out for long periods. The maintenance schedule on one of those bikes was ridiculous.

I did see one made by Roland Sands, had a yamaha 450 mx motor in it. Was very sweet.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

totally agree.

no one to race with is the huge problem,
we all pretty much have to race what the guys you ride with race

keep trials in mind if track time ever gets too expensive

totally agree.

no one to race with is the huge problem,
we all pretty much have to race what the guys you ride with race

keep trials in mind if track time ever gets too expensive

Mainly the 2-3 times the cost part is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom