Flip down sun visor | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flip down sun visor

DOT doesn't require a chinbar to pass. Which of many CE certs does it have? Hint: Not all are created equally.

*EDIT* Just checked the CE cert.. *IF* it's a full-face helmet, the chinbar is tested. Was the C4 considered a full-face? Also the deflection permissible is a whopping 60mm.

you are correct, not all are created equally

but if my Joe Rocket had DOT and Snell, does it make it any better or worse than the C4 that has DOT and ECE

don't know, don't really care, so long as it's not some cheap knock off helmet I feel I am as protected as well as I can be.

Then again a crash might kill you and it won't even have anything to do with your helmet.

DOT doesn't require a chinbar to pass. Which of many CE certs does it have? Hint: Not all are created equally.

*EDIT* Just checked the CE cert.. *IF* it's a full-face helmet, the chinbar is tested. Was the C4 considered a full-face? Also the deflection permissible is a whopping 60mm.

Years back my Shark Evoline 2 took a direct hit on the chin bar. Vent plastic broke off, but the chin bar stayed in place and did its job. Could still rotate perfectly afterwards. It was ECE rated.

The main visor broke off and I couldn't even find it. I was thankful for the sun shield as it gave me enough protection to ride home from PA, where it happened.

Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely try them on first. That was already the plan, as I have a big freakin head. So I want to ensure it fits well.

I had one of these on my snowmobile helmet and it was awful. The lens distorted everything terribly and have me a headache. Are the more expensive road helmets better?

I had one of these on my snowmobile helmet and it was awful. The lens distorted everything terribly and have me a headache. Are the more expensive road helmets better?

Some are optically correct but I can see it being an issue if it’s a cheaper helmet or if you wear glasses too. There would be an issue if the visor had warped too. The Shark helmets I have with the drop down visors and the Nexx XD1 are all very good. In fact I think the drop down visor is more optically correct than the main visor in a couple.

The sun visor is great and a major help. I'll continue to only buy a helmet with a sun visor going forward.

My only wish is that the tint would be a little stronger and... I know this is a pipe dream, BUT! Hear me out on this one. Polarized Sun visor! I can't buy sunglasses that don't have polarized lens. These two things would make the sun visor that much better. I've yet to see one in person.

I own an AGV k3-sv. Helmet is a little larger and heavier than without flip down visor. The flip down visor itself is a godsend with a clear shield, my only issue is it doesn't come down low enough...another half inch for me and it would be perfect. the reason being is the lower edge is in my peripheral vision and sometimes it messes me up thinking there is something on the ground. The mechanism is easy to flip down even with gloves on, though it takes a bit of practice to get your msucle memory down, and the specific way it needs to close cause sometimes it gets hard to push down if your not moving it down perfectly with the slots/track it runs on.

Hi,

Do any of you own or have experience with the helmets that have flip down sun visors?

Are they pretty much all the same? Do they work well, or are sunglasses still required?
I 1 bought a cheaper helmet with that option,if used constantly it's good,broke when I tried it after the off season.

I personally prefer transition visors of theyre available.

I guess the flip downs are nice cause they allow you to open up your faceshield and keep some protection on.

I personally prefer transition visors of theyre available.

I guess the flip downs are nice cause they allow you to open up your faceshield and keep some protection on.

Bingo. Plus as mentioned, if you lose the visor you can still ride.

I personally like the transitional visors! Very clean look & functional!

I have a Zox modular helmet with an internal drop-down sun visor and will never buy another helmet that doesn't have one.

I prefer the modular design because I find it far more easy to put on my Rx glasses with the chin bar up. The drop down sun visor is a big plus because it eliminates the need for my clip-on sunglasses, which can be blown away when doing a shoulder check, trust me on this. Both the clear and tinted drop-down shields appear to have good optical qualities on my Zox helmet.

I'm currently looking to replace my helmet and would buy a new one of the exact same model, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I'll try the Royal Tent Sale later this month since that's where I bought it originally.

Has anyone been able to find a transition shield for a new Bell Star yet?
Which one, there's like 3 versions of it

Bell Star Pro Race
Bell Star Race
Bell Star MIPS
Bell Star

if i were you i'd check with GP. they gave me a discount on the smoke shield so i took it, but i miss my transition shield from my old vortex.

GT-Air. Love it. Zero complaints.

Back
Top Bottom