Flip down sun visor | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flip down sun visor

They are not DOT certified due to the flip visor as I understand.
Hi,

Do any of you own or have experience with the helmets that have flip down sun visors?

Are they pretty much all the same? Do they work well, or are sunglasses still required?

Yes, cheap helmet, those are the best words ever. That is the spot to go cheap on.
Don't know if they are all the same. But my cheap $80 Canadian Tire helmet came with one- and it's pretty good. Eliminates the need of carrying sunglasses, and you can easily flip it on and off..Totally worth it!

They are not DOT certified due to the flip visor as I understand.

The ones from the name brands are all DOT certified. They are not Snell or ECE rated because of the slot for the sun visor. DOT is good enough for street riding. Snell is good for track.

The ones from the name brands are all DOT certified. They are not Snell or ECE rated because of the slot for the sun visor. DOT is good enough for street riding. Snell is good for track.

but....

The Schuberth C4 Pro has the following - DOT and ECE certified

Not - Snell

ohhhh so many variations, who is going to keep up....

but....

The Schuberth C4 Pro has the following - DOT and ECE certified

Not - Snell

ohhhh so many variations, who is going to keep up....

Ah ok, maybe it's just Snell that's the stricter one. Schubert's cost a fortune, don't they?

Ah ok, maybe it's just Snell that's the stricter one. Schubert's cost a fortune, don't they?

cost a fortune ? that depends on each individual and what they want or can spend on something....

but yes the upper end of the Schuberth line is north of a grand

I look at it this way if I get 5-7 years out of the helmet, it's only 2-3 hundred per year for a good lid.....

a helmet for over a grand for street riding (from one Tim's to another) not really worth it in my opinion, but if your doing many hours in the saddle, then it's nice to have a decent lid, quiet, light weight, sun visor, anti fog and so on

I saved my pennies for my Schuberth, had a Joe Rocket lid before, and others before that

Both my Shark Evoline 3 (modular) and Speed R (full face) are DOT & ECE, and have drop-down sun visors.

Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely try them on first. That was already the plan, as I have a big freakin head. So I want to ensure it fits well.

I have a Fat Head too...I have the XL Shoei GT Air and I love the drop down visor (I do not like wearing sunglasses). I have been riding most of the week (even down to -5C on Monday am) and the Anti-Fog PinLock lens with the Shoei works amazing too (NO fogging).

I have a Fat Head too...I have the XL Shoei GT Air and I love the drop down visor (I do not like wearing sunglasses). I have been riding most of the week (even down to -5C on Monday am) and the Anti-Fog PinLock lens with the Shoei works amazing too (NO fogging).

Agreed on the Pinlock in the GT air. Zero fogging.

cost a fortune ? that depends on each individual and what they want or can spend on something....

but yes the upper end of the Schuberth line is north of a grand

I look at it this way if I get 5-7 years out of the helmet, it's only 2-3 hundred per year for a good lid.....

a helmet for over a grand for street riding (from one Tim's to another) not really worth it in my opinion, but if your doing many hours in the saddle, then it's nice to have a decent lid, quiet, light weight, sun visor, anti fog and so on

I saved my pennies for my Schuberth, had a Joe Rocket lid before, and others before that

Agreed. I bought Schuberth C3 pro at Riders Choice on Monday. Only had one ride with it so far, but what a complete difference from my Hjc fg17. Love this helmet and the price was better than I expected from their website. $800 out the door, and that is significantly more than I've ever paid for any other helmet but I think it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yes, cheap helmet, those are the best words ever. That is the spot to go cheap on.

I don't quite know what you are implying here. I bought it primarily for the riders course, and decided to continue using it because it was DOT rated and felt as good/safe as HJC etc. Not everybody can afford to buy and sport $1000 helmets.
By that account- nobody should buy a motorcycle without ABS.

I don't quite know what you are implying here. I bought it primarily for the riders course, and decided to continue using it because it was DOT rated and felt as good/safe as HJC etc. Not everybody can afford to buy and sport $1000 helmets.

They shouldn't!

I'm seeing your user ID or someone with a similar user id across multiple different forums. Redflagdeals, Canada visa lol. Is it you?

Back
Top Bottom