Riding pants, any recommendations? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding pants, any recommendations?

What would you recommend for a cruiser rider like myself? I currently wear jeans.
I believe bigpoppa mentioned "resurgence" this interests me.

What would you recommend for a cruiser rider like myself? I currently wear jeans.
I believe bigpoppa mentioned "resurgence" this interests me.

They are high quality motorcycle riding jeans, the only ones that actually come with the armor(and you don't have to purchase separately)

I've heard of(and seen) guys crashing in them and barely putting a scratch on them

They look and feel like regular jeans, but they are lined with all sorts of space age protective materials/kevlar

You can very easily add/remove armor depending on how hot it is and how comfortable you want to be. Would recommend

I have had my resurgence riding jeans for 2 season now. They ROCK! The jean material itself is stretchy, and inner kevlar material is quite thick and can get hot, but it's worth it because of the protection factor they offer. Also, they include Icon D30 knee and hip armour. Best riding jeans on the market IMO. Get a pair from GP bikes right now because they have the hold the tax event. They come in a bunch of diff colours and size fits similar to jeans!

I have had my resurgence riding jeans for 2 season now. They ROCK! The jean material itself is stretchy, and inner kevlar material is quite thick and can get hot, but it's worth it because of the protection factor they offer. Also, they include Icon D30 knee and hip armour. Best riding jeans on the market IMO. Get a pair from GP bikes right now because they have the hold the tax event. They come in a bunch of diff colours and size fits similar to jeans!

I just spend a load of cash on motorcycle stuff. Right now it is not in the immediate budget. But I plan to get a pair once I get the chance. It wasn't something I thought I would need but after reading what @bigpoppa said about them, might as well add it to the list to "stuff"

I just spend a load of cash on motorcycle stuff. Right now it is not in the immediate budget. But I plan to get a pair once I get the chance. It wasn't something I thought I would need but after reading what @bigpoppa said about them, might as well add it to the list to "stuff"
Oh ya, I never leave without them. I low sided once in jeans at about 60kms and F**ked my knee up pretty bad. Still hurts here and there to this day. If I had proper pants with armor, the aftermath wouldn't have been half as bad. Do you have proper riding boots also, or are you just wearing sneakers? I'd get a pair of boots before pants. Ankles can break very easily!

I ride in a pair of motorcycle riding jeans from Safari. It is a small importer who gets stuff made off shore and sells good quality gear for lots less than the name brand guys. He sells at shows and some shops carry his stuff. I hit a deer at 90 km in the fall and landed at the side of the road. The jeans took a pretty big hit and protected me. The armour in the knee + hip saved my leg. They didn't rip in the slide either. The road race boots kept my foot/ankle from damaged. Sure my leg/knee/foot/toes were bruised and purple but the jeans and boots saved me. You don't need the big name gear for it to be good protection, but please don't rely on just your Levi jeans. parillaguy

They are high quality motorcycle riding jeans, the only ones that actually come with the armor(and you don't have to purchase separately)

Joe rocket also comes with armor.

Joe rocket also comes with armor.

I just had to buy resurgence after i saw what they looked like post crash...hardly a scratch on them at decent speeds.

Proof is in the pudding?

I just had to buy resurgence after i saw what they looked like post crash...hardly a scratch on them at decent speeds.

Proof is in the pudding?

Oh agreed. I purchased Joe Rockets based on price. Not something I would normally do. Not the best and wouldn't really recommend them.

Oh ya, I never leave without them. I low sided once in jeans at about 60kms and F**ked my knee up pretty bad. Still hurts here and there to this day. If I had proper pants with armor, the aftermath wouldn't have been half as bad. Do you have proper riding boots also, or are you just wearing sneakers? I'd get a pair of boots before pants. Ankles can break very easily!

Yes this was my shopping list in priority.
Boots (well above the ankle)
Leather jacket (with armor bought at GP no HST sale) (already had textile jacket)
Gauntlets.
Plus some accessories for the bike.
-now adding resurgence jeans.

I think this covers it!

I just bought the klim k fifty 2 jeans and they seem great. The fifty 1 jeans gave off the impression of being too baggy or for old guys having no style...

You really cant tell they are riding jeans except for the hip protection that bulges out a bit.

Also the bottoms are a little tough to fit over race boots. I'm sure if you wore regular boots or shoes you would be fine. I haven't figured out which way I like better, either tucked in or over the boot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom