Good riding pants suggestions needed! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good riding pants suggestions needed!

dtm252535

Hey guys, so I’ve bought my first bike, just an r3 to start, ill be using it for my daily 20-25 minute commute to work during the week. In the summer I wear shorts to work, when it’s a bit cooler I’ll wear cargos, but either way, I’m looking for a good pair of riding pants that will fit comfortably over either of those, without being too loose, and most importantly, breathable and something that won’t trap or create too much heat! I also want good protection.

Ultimately I’ll probably end up getting a second pair, so that I have one dedicated to going over my work pants, and the other set will be specifically for longer rides, better fitting, protection all around....

suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:
You could try riding jeans for protection (kevlar + inserts for the knees and padded hip armor).

For that + better airflow i'd look at textile/mesh offerings, typically they have vents with a zipper so you can increase the flow as needed.

Revzilla has a nice website where you can look at a lot of product specs/reviews.

Good choice on the R3 i loved mine, if you find yourself getting a bit bored spend $20 on an R6 throttle tube. It's a direct fit and will eliminate the area of the throttle where there's no juice.

You could try riding jeans for protection (kevlar + inserts for the knees and padded hip armor).

For that + better airflow i'd look at textile/mesh offerings, typically they have vents with a zipper so you can increase the flow as needed.

Revzilla has a nice website where you can look at a lot of product specs/reviews.

Good choice on the R3 i loved mine, if you find yourself getting a bit bored spend $20 on an R6 throttle tube. It's a direct fit and will eliminate the area of the throttle where there's no juice.

Thanks for the tips. I know it will probably end up being a mesh or textile, hoping for some first person accounts from ppl here, I’ve read tons of reviews online already and many conflict with each other making it hard to make a decision. I definitely need ones that will go over my existing pants because I don’t have a good place at work to change out of the riding pants completely, nor do I want to.

Where did you get your throttle tube? I’ve read lots about it, and probably will get to it one day, but have to find a good price locally, and confirm that it won’t affect the extended warranty I have on the bike...

Back
Top Bottom