Weird Dreams | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weird Dreams

arogal

As the title states, I had some super weird dreams last night that felt extremely real. They were all related to car and motorcycle accidents....non involving me, but me arriving at a scene of tragic events to seeing them happen. 3 of them included motorcycles, and 1 included a car. I remember getting out off my bike at 3 of them and in detail what the scenes looked like. Does anyone else here have weird dreams like this that feel extremely real? I'm not the type of person that thinks dreams are "supposed" to mean anything, but F***....they were pretty disturbing. For the record I have only been in 1 serious car accident 15 years ago and lowsided a bike once at about 60km. No serious injuries, just smashed up my knee pretty good on the low side.
Just thought I'd share this info out of curiosity to see if anyone else experiences these strange dreams like I did the other night :S

Damn, your dreams are pretty pleasant.

Mine usually involve killing or strangling family members.

...........I mean, having dinner with them.

On a serious note: it's just a dream. Find a way to come to terms with the possibility of crashing. Most of us here have crashed at some point. idiots like myself have crashed A LOT and are still alive. I think you will be just fine.

Dreams are gateways to the subconscious, the mind can only communicate via symbols through them and therefore they can be riddled with metaphors, symbolic events, etc... Sometimes they don't mean much, just as sometimes you go to work and it's like any other day, other times they communicate very deeply and if we decipher them, unlock keys to the unknown. That could be emotions, sometimes the future (If we keep taking risks, dreams may depict disaster in order to give us warning to slow down).

Carl Jung and a row of other Phycologists did alot of great work utilizing dream analysis, I highly recommend the book "Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung" - Audiobook here, great to sleep too!

I spent sometime studying dreams and reading books, I recommend keeping a dream diary and writing them down. Carl Jung had stopped doing dream analysis later on because its far too personal (A church in a dream could mean so many things to many people, or a dog, etc...) and so he wrote about the process for people to learn about themselves.

Dreams are gateways to the subconscious, the mind can only communicate via symbols through them and therefore they can be riddled with metaphors, symbolic events, etc... Sometimes they don't mean much, just as sometimes you go to work and it's like any other day, other times they communicate very deeply and if we decipher them, unlock keys to the unknown. That could be emotions, sometimes the future (If we keep taking risks, dreams may depict disaster in order to give us warning to slow down).

Carl Jung and a row of other Phycologists did alot of great work utilizing dream analysis, I highly recommend the book "Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung" - Audiobook here, great to sleep too!

I spent sometime studying dreams and reading books, I recommend keeping a dream diary and writing them down. Carl Jung had stopped doing dream analysis later on because its far too personal (A church in a dream could mean so many things to many people, or a dog, etc...) and so he wrote about the process for people to learn about themselves.
Well said.

Dreams are manesfestatiions of your deepest emotions. You can have a fear, that you know is true but your subconscious tries to dismiss it. From what I can see, you know the dangers of motorcycling & you're afraid to die.

OP
so you witness the accidents
never in them
me too

as long as I can remember
I've dreamed of plane crashes
I'm never on the plane
just see them crash
and I wake up at the fireball part

I sometimes get those falling-from-a-height dreams where you wake up before you hit the ground.

Except the motorcycle/car version is where my ability to control the vehicle is impaired somehow. Like the car seat drops backwards suddenly and I can't reach the pedals and steering wheel anymore, or my motorcycle helmet gets dislodged somehow and obscures my vision and I can't see where I'm riding.

And then I wake up in a panic before I crash into something...

Weird.

I sometimes get those falling-from-a-height dreams where you wake up before you hit the ground.

Except the motorcycle/car version is where my ability to control the vehicle is impaired somehow. Like the car seat drops backwards suddenly and I can't reach the pedals and steering wheel anymore, or my motorcycle helmet gets dislodged somehow and obscures my vision and I can't see where I'm riding.

And then I wake up in a panic before I crash into something...

Weird.
You ride too much

Maybe this wacky weather is getting to you, (like the rest of us). The itch to ride is becoming overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom