Weather threads here. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather threads here.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

What I want to know is.....is this good or bad for mosquitos? If I’m super lucky the cooler weather will kill them off..I suspect all the moisture will be a big help to the population though unfortunately. I’m really looking forward to camping more on the bike this season.

The only thing that would have a positive effect on mosquito populations would be to have the first batch hatch and then immediately have a severe cold snap again that's prolonged enough to kill them before they breed and lay again. That would stunt the population.

A week of heavy rain coupled with a warmup afterwards (as what seems evident in the forecast) is going to do the exact opposite - make all sorts of perfect breeding grounds.

Ironic I have an appointment at Costco first thing Saturday morning to get the snow tires swapped off my wifes car for a shiny new set of summer tires.

Could be an interesting drive home.

Supposed to be helping my sister and BIL do some preliminary work on their boat in preparation for it's scheduled launch in 2 weeks. At this point there's some question if the ice will even be out of their slip yet.

The day turned around, nice to see the sun come out. Went for a quick ride just after 5. Nice to finally feel some warmth! Chatted up a couple of riders. Plenty of others were out as well.

Sent from the moon!

I wouldn't know what to do without the weather threads from @MacDoc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "GET OUT THERE NOW" threads because honestly, that **** gets me hyped.

I wouldn't know what to do without the weather threads from @MacDoc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "GET OUT THERE NOW" threads because honestly, that **** gets me hyped.

Weather....i look out the window and decide what to pack.Sorry Macdoc,but your posts really don't help me much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "GET OUT THERE NOW" threads because honestly, that **** gets me hyped.

I thought I was the only one

Yeah I'm annoyed I missed the window of warmth ( it's still nice out ) but had a quick trip to Belleville to score a Shad 37 L case that looks good on the CBF ....

top-case-shad-sh37-noir.jpg

Use this without the side cases for local rides and then for the BC Trip added a good chunk of storage.
Grand sum of $50 for a $180 +tax case - $25 in gas ...still ahead and I got a couple hours on the Audible book...and I can still steal my kids 50L :D

I've got my M1-exit training course this weekend. Wish me luck.......
The course is so much fun! You'll have a great time. I was wishing it could go on forever lol.

Good luck with the test. It's not difficult.

The courses are well known for running come hell or High-water, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of one being canceled, although if it turns into such a skating rink that one can barely stand up much less ride a motorcycle, unless they’re going to salt of the beJesus out of the range, anything is possible I guess. The updates from environment Canada or starting to get more dire so it could be an interesting weekend.

My best advice would be to dress warm and get proper waterproof gear – nothing will make your day more miserable than being not only cold, but wet and cold.

Reschedule if possible, this is important, and if you can reschedule for free, would be well worth it.

Reschedule if possible, this is important, and if you can reschedule for free, would be well worth it.

M1 Exit courses in the GTA are usually booked through to early/mid summer by this time of year already.

May not be an option.

I'm surprised matthew hasn't commented on here yet.

40-50mm of rain tomorrow, most of it freezing rain. Wonder if riding schools are still conducting the course this weekend.

Hopefully this is the last storm

PrivatePilot; Supposed to be helping my sister and BIL do some preliminary work on their boat in preparation for it's scheduled launch in 2 weeks. At this point there's some question if the ice will even be out of their slip yet.[/QUOTE said:
One of mine goes in on the 28th , and there's no option, crane is booked. I've been trying for a month to get 8 coats of interprotect to dry, its tented with a propane heater but 5,000lb lead keels hold the cold pretty well.....

Haven't even looked at the motorbikes seriously. My driveway has an layer of ise on it now.

I've got my M1-exit training course this weekend. Wish me luck.......
I was supposed to be doing a course this weekend, but had to reschedule because I'm between bikes now. Glad that happened!
Did yours end up still running?

Back
Top Bottom