Weather threads here. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather threads here.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

nasty front coming through here in TN
good day to hunker down and rest after 3 solid riding days
get some laundry done, take a break from the ear plugs and waffle butt
back at it tomorrow, much cooler but supposed to be sunny

Hah! Same storm has us in the cabin for the day in western NC. Yesterday was good, although we were all knackered after 15 hours on the road to get there.

Hah! Same storm has us in the cabin for the day in western NC. Yesterday was good, although we were all knackered after 15 hours on the road to get there.

tomorrow looking much better Brian
sunny and 12 to start the day
south of here a bit warmer
Tuesday looking very nice
enjoy your ride boys!

29598138_10213168361418459_7094144210864526331_n.jpg

lol i'm feeling like that snowman after trying to shovel my driveway

I had to put my roof heating cables on...in April.....still didn’t stop the damn leak from ice dams.

Is like walking through 8 inches of pure slush margarita here, even at the top of the hills.

The piles left by the plows at the side of the road and in parking lots etc... They're going to be around for weeks. :(

The piles left by the plows at the side of the road and in parking lots etc... They're going to be around for weeks. :(

That concerns me less than the amount of rock salt left behind on the roads...which based on my observations today, is little or none - what they did put down over Saturday and Sunday was thoroughly washed away by the heavy rains all night.

We just got finished with a burst of heavy snowfall here that completely whitened everything once again.

But, the forecast shows some pretty decent temps in the coming days that will continue the rapid melt.

I bought a couple of bags of the ordinary sidewalk salt today at Canadian Tire, and was a little shocked when it totaled to over eighteen dollars.

Am I out of touch, does that seem high, or both?

A group of us has a plan for some riding this weekend, wish us luck.

I bought a couple of bags of the ordinary sidewalk salt today at Canadian Tire, and was a little shocked when it totaled to over eighteen dollars.

Am I out of touch, does that seem high, or both?

A group of us has a plan for some riding this weekend, wish us luck.

Nope, thats called price gouging.

That concerns me less than the amount of rock salt left behind on the roads...which based on my observations today, is little or none - what they did put down over Saturday and Sunday was thoroughly washed away by the heavy rains all night.

Debatable...given the fact there was so much ponding and crap left on the roads, my thought is there will be a lot once the ice and water eventually evaporates. Not to mention additional in the runoff once the piles begin to melt. For the roads to be clean again, we really need everything to melt, plus 1-2 more big hard rains at 5-10c to get rid of everything out there.

So you are saying...more waiting....

I never get my hopes up till may. As a + i'm still waiting for my sprockets+chain to come in so i'm alright with waiting for now. (i'm just trying to find excuses)

Debatable...given the fact there was so much ponding and crap left on the roads, my thought is there will be a lot once the ice and water eventually evaporates..

So...a bit of salt dust?

That concerns me about as much as sand in the summer. Ride according to conditions. No issues.

I’m not amongst those who wait for 110% ideal conditions before riding. Those are the people who only ride 1000k in a season.

So...a bit of salt dust?

That concerns me about as much as sand in the summer. Ride according to conditions. No issues.

I’m not amongst those who wait for 110% ideal conditions before riding. Those are the people who only ride 1000k in a season.

It's not about traction, it's about what salt does to vehicles on our roads. Granted, it is of less concern now when the bike can be washed fairly frequently vs when it is going to be stored and sitting for a long while. Bike is also a weekend toy for me, so it isn't really a daily driver/commuter.

It's not about traction, it's about what salt does to vehicles on our roads

That also concerns me absolutely none whatsoever.

Motorcycles don’t turn into a pile of rust when salt touches them.

I ride when my driveway is clear....a few inches of ice on it now. :(

Back
Top Bottom