Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT! - Page 4



Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 118

Thread: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

  1. #61
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    on my bike
    Posts
    7,656

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    nasty front coming through here in TN
    good day to hunker down and rest after 3 solid riding days
    get some laundry done, take a break from the ear plugs and waffle butt
    back at it tomorrow, much cooler but supposed to be sunny
    Hah! Same storm has us in the cabin for the day in western NC. Yesterday was good, although we were all knackered after 15 hours on the road to get there.

  2. #62

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Hah! Same storm has us in the cabin for the day in western NC. Yesterday was good, although we were all knackered after 15 hours on the road to get there.
    tomorrow looking much better Brian
    sunny and 12 to start the day
    south of here a bit warmer
    Tuesday looking very nice
    enjoy your ride boys!

  3. #63

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!


  4. #64
    roadrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    448

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Luxurious View Post
    lol i'm feeling like that snowman after trying to shovel my driveway

  5. #65

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    lol i'm feeling like that snowman after trying to shovel my driveway
    I had to put my roof heating cables on...in April.....still didn’t stop the damn leak from ice dams.

  6. #66

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Is like walking through 8 inches of pure slush margarita here, even at the top of the hills.

  7. #67

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    The piles left by the plows at the side of the road and in parking lots etc... They're going to be around for weeks.
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

  8. #68
    PrivatePilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arrrrrrrrrr.
    Posts
    5,962

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    The piles left by the plows at the side of the road and in parking lots etc... They're going to be around for weeks.
    That concerns me less than the amount of rock salt left behind on the roads...which based on my observations today, is little or none - what they did put down over Saturday and Sunday was thoroughly washed away by the heavy rains all night.

    We just got finished with a burst of heavy snowfall here that completely whitened everything once again.

    But, the forecast shows some pretty decent temps in the coming days that will continue the rapid melt.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny S
    My other car is a reservation. Tesla Model 3

  9. #69
    Baggsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!
    Posts
    6,876

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    I bought a couple of bags of the ordinary sidewalk salt today at Canadian Tire, and was a little shocked when it totaled to over eighteen dollars.

    Am I out of touch, does that seem high, or both?

    A group of us has a plan for some riding this weekend, wish us luck.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

  10. #70

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    I bought a couple of bags of the ordinary sidewalk salt today at Canadian Tire, and was a little shocked when it totaled to over eighteen dollars.

    Am I out of touch, does that seem high, or both?

    A group of us has a plan for some riding this weekend, wish us luck.
    Nope, thats called price gouging.

  11. #71
    Underdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    113

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Is like walking through 8 inches of pure slush margarita here, even at the top of the hills.
    Oh i hope you had fun...because it looks cold, filthy & nasty lol


    Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

  12. #72

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    That concerns me less than the amount of rock salt left behind on the roads...which based on my observations today, is little or none - what they did put down over Saturday and Sunday was thoroughly washed away by the heavy rains all night.
    Debatable...given the fact there was so much ponding and crap left on the roads, my thought is there will be a lot once the ice and water eventually evaporates. Not to mention additional in the runoff once the piles begin to melt. For the roads to be clean again, we really need everything to melt, plus 1-2 more big hard rains at 5-10c to get rid of everything out there.
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

    Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650FA (Silver)
    Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver)

  13. #73
    sburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    On A V-Twin
    Posts
    601

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    So you are saying...more waiting....
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

  14. #74
    LePhillou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Westside GTA
    Posts
    3,265

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    I never get my hopes up till may. As a + i'm still waiting for my sprockets+chain to come in so i'm alright with waiting for now. (i'm just trying to find excuses)
    " Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else. "


    2013 Honda CB500XA - Black beauty
    2012 Volkswagen Sportwagon - White ***** with a booty

  15. #75

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    I'll be tagging by the weekend.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  16. #76
    PrivatePilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arrrrrrrrrr.
    Posts
    5,962

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    Debatable...given the fact there was so much ponding and crap left on the roads, my thought is there will be a lot once the ice and water eventually evaporates..
    So...a bit of salt dust?

    That concerns me about as much as sand in the summer. Ride according to conditions. No issues.

    I’m not amongst those who wait for 110% ideal conditions before riding. Those are the people who only ride 1000k in a season.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny S
    My other car is a reservation. Tesla Model 3

  17. #77

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    So...a bit of salt dust?

    That concerns me about as much as sand in the summer. Ride according to conditions. No issues.

    I’m not amongst those who wait for 110% ideal conditions before riding. Those are the people who only ride 1000k in a season.
    It's not about traction, it's about what salt does to vehicles on our roads. Granted, it is of less concern now when the bike can be washed fairly frequently vs when it is going to be stored and sitting for a long while. Bike is also a weekend toy for me, so it isn't really a daily driver/commuter.
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

    Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650FA (Silver)
    Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver)

  18. #78
    PrivatePilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arrrrrrrrrr.
    Posts
    5,962

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    It's not about traction, it's about what salt does to vehicles on our roads
    That also concerns me absolutely none whatsoever.

    Motorcycles donít turn into a pile of rust when salt touches them.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny S
    My other car is a reservation. Tesla Model 3

  19. #79
    Riceburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Stuck in Reality
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    I ride when my driveway is clear....a few inches of ice on it now.

  20. #80
    sburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    On A V-Twin
    Posts
    601

    Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    I ride when my driveway is clear....a few inches of ice on it now.
    I cleared my driveway, does that mean I can go riding!!!
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •