Weather threads here. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather threads here.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
15 tomorrow and this - FFS will this whacky weather never end :rolleyes:

Slow forward one month and ten days and yes finally it has tho there is still piles of snow around...double digits and then some for the forseeable future

6:56 AM EDT Wednesday 11 April 2018
Special weather statement in effect for:

Burlington - Oakville
Caledon
Halton Hills - Milton
Mississauga - Brampton
Some freezing rain possible Thursday morning. Potential ice storm for parts of Southern Ontario Saturday and Sunday.

A fast-moving low pressure system will cross Southern Ontario Thursday bringing an area of rain with it. The precipitation may start off as freezing rain early in the morning before quickly changing to rain as temperatures rise above the freezing mark. Any freezing rain should be fairly brief near the Highway 401 corridor, but may persist for a couple of hours for regions farther north and especially over higher terrain. Locally slippery conditions are possible. Closer to the Lake Ontario shoreline, only rain is expected.

A much more significant freezing rain event is looking increasingly likely for portions of Southern Ontario Saturday and Sunday as a slow-moving low pressure system approaches the area. Precipitation may start out as rain, but increasing northeasterly winds will draw colder air from an arctic high pressure system to the north, resulting in a changeover to freezing rain. A few rounds of precipitation are likely during this period with a significant threat of prolonged freezing rain in some areas.

At this point, there is still considerable uncertainty with regards to which areas may be most affected. Areas closer to Lake Ontario and near the Highway 401 corridor may remain just above the freezing mark much of the time limiting the amount of icing somewhat. Areas farther north and over higher terrain are likely to be impacted the most.

This has the potential to be a major ice storm for some regions with ice accumulations in excess of 20 millimetres possible. Ice accumulations of this magnitude combined with gusty winds to 60 km/h may result in widespread power outages due to fallen tree limbs and power lines. Travel is also expected to be hazardous.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

15 tomorrow and this - FFS will this whacky weather never end :rolleyes:
Yep, heard this on the radio on the ride into work this morning. Very frustrating isn't it! How much you wanna bet it's just gunna be rain....lets hope for the best.
I find accuweather to be fairly "accurate" and they don't seem to make it out to be all that bad. Hopefully accu is correct. If we get some sleet in the morning then 65mm of rain....well that will cure clean up the roads won't it?!
weather.jpg

Last edited:

Yep, heard this on the radio on the ride into work this morning. Very frustrating isn't it! How much you wanna bet it's just gunna be rain....lets hope for the best.
I find accuweather to be fairly "accurate" and they don't seem to make it out to be all that bad. Hopefully accu is correct. If we get some sleet in the morning then 65mm of rain....well that will cure clean up the roads won't it?!
View attachment 39318

Until temps return to near-freezing in the following days and the cities send out their brine and salt truck again.

Gives me time to get an oil filter and do stuff to the RSV.

Fingers crossed the bastard turns on!

30581344_950833275309823_7993378860548563844_n.jpg

Unfortunately calling for rain everyday for the next week...

油井緋色;2558465 said:
Gives me time to get an oil filter and do stuff to the RSV.

Fingers crossed the bastard turns on!

lol

Jap bike owners everywhere, shaking their heads

I was out today mid morning, not fun. Ya the forecast look depressing. Here hoping they are wrong.

Sent from the moon!

Was out today as well. Picked up my new bike. Windy,cold and rain. I still managed to keep a big smile on my face. :). Hopefully all this rain will clear the roads of all the salt and sand and make way for some warmer weather.

Calling for a fairly severe ice storm over the weekend just north of the GTA, and we may not get off unscathed either from the sounds of it.

There will be plenty of fresh salt everywhere to the north, that's for sure.

Crappy.

Looking back through my riding photos from the last few years, April 17 2016 it was super warm and a huge group of us went and did a full day ride quite a way north for lunch in the sticks and then did Northey's Bay Road.

April 14 last year, rode to Muddy's Pit for lunch with friends.

April 18 last year we had 21 bikes turn out for one event.

I usually open my pool the first weekend in May.

None of the above is looking likely this year. Heck, all the snow and rain this winter has freakin refilled my pool 3/4 of the amount I drained off when I winterized it. With all the rain we're supposed to get over the next week I may have no choice but to take the winter cover off so that it can start to overflow via the skimmer - it's nearing the bottom of it!

Well good news news.... Tomorrow evening from 4-8ish is supposed to be double digits and no rain. Once the roads dry up (shouldn't take long with warmer weather and all the traffic) we can get in a solid 1-2 hours of nice weather riding till we get azz rap*d by the so called "ice storm" this weekend. Bet you we won't get Jack **** and it will just be heavy rain. They flipped a coin on it and the coin flipped to freezing rain LOL

Calling for a fairly severe ice storm over the weekend just north of the GTA, and we may not get off unscathed either from the sounds of it.

There will be plenty of fresh salt everywhere to the north, that's for sure.

That's the real problem...who knows if it will actually be freezing rain or not, but with this much lead up, news, etc the salters will definitely be ready to coat everything with fresh salt over the weekend. Then it looks dry for a while, so all that fresh salt gets to stay around while we wait for more significant rain, that hopefully doesn't happen close to 0-2c, causing them to resalt yet again. Really sucks though, because if temps were only seasonal, all this rain would have made for great roads by washing all the crap away.

I think the best we can hope for now is that Sunday plays out warmer than planned, so we do get a few good hours of actual rain in once they park the plows and brine trucks.

Last edited:

Looking at the forecast, I now don't think a bunch of salt and brine poured on the roads this weekend will end up mattering too much: Looks like rain pretty much every day next week so it'll all be washed away (unless they keep putting the stuff down every night again...)

#WorstSpringEver

Last edited:

Looking at the forecast, I now don't think a bunch of salt and brine poured on the roads this weekend will end up mattering too much: Looks like pretty much every day next week so it'll all be washed away (unless they keep putting the stuff down every night again...)

#WorstSpringEver

Looks like it actually changed slightly since I last looked...that said, seems like they have actual snow in Toronto now, with rain the following weekend...at least for Toronto.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/ontario/toronto

On the bright side all plows are off the road Sunday April 15. After that the rain will clean everything up.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Not much better down here in WNY. Ice Saturday night, snow and ice Monday into Tuesday. It's never going to end. It's January 102nd.

On the bright side all plows are off the road Sunday April 15. After that the rain will clean everything up.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Plow contracts end April 15.

They can most certainly be called back up if needed. Has happened before.

Last above daily was Feb 27, since then I dont think we hit the daily high until today. That is about 6 weeks

If we get a summer like 2016 it will be worth it. 38 days above 30 with 0 % hunidity as it rained 3 times in 90 days .

BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom