Tirox Chain Cleaner | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tirox Chain Cleaner

Re: Tirox Chain Cleaner...Good stuff!

I got that brush separately and use it with kerosene. It does work very well. I lube my chain after riding in the wet or washing the bike or after several hundred kms, and clean the chain maybe once every few weeks. None of this takes more than 10 mins.

Been using Tirox brush to clean
along with their cleaner and others...Motul & Motorex
Brush works awesome if used properly...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I've never cleaned the chain on any of my bikes. Unnecessary waste of time. I think 50,000km on a chain and sprocket set is okay, ain't it?

Lube regularly.

via Tapatalk

This entire thread is pretty much as useless as an oil thread with too many self proclaimed "experts".

not all of them are self-proclaimed
but you're right, thread has become useless

Thread just needs an injection of common sense ;)

How many chains do you have to wear out to be a qualified expert?

It's a roller chain, how free does it roll before and after you service it? If you notice it spins more freely by hand, it will spin more freely when it's under power from the engine, if it feels like you are spinning a chain that has little rubber rings stuffed between every link :D then chances are you have a reasonably new rubber sealed chain, by the time your little rubber rings start wearing out to the point where you can actually get lubricant past the seal and into the rollers to displace water and prevent rust forming in there, your chain is now well on its way to becoming a bunch of little garbage rubber rings and roughly one pound of scrap metal.

For about half the replacement cost you can replace your sealed drive chain with a plain roller chain and now you have a chain that will require and benefit tremendously from regular cleaning and lubrication.

Your sprockets should out live several replacement chains and if not then you aren't replacing your chain frequently enough, chain manufacturers recommend replacement once the chain is elongated by a very small percentage. How do you know how bagged out your chain is :| imho there is only one way; you lay the old chain along side a length of new chain and compare its length. If your chain is seizing up and kinking due to rust then you messed up the replacement schedule a long time ago.

yep this is what i use for my chain too. didnt mind cleaning the chain until i got a bike that didnt have a center stand.

Thread just needs an injection of common sense ;)

How many chains do you have to wear out to be a qualified expert?

Good question... I changed chain 4 times since 2008... including 3 times on my current bike (she has currently ~97k) an average chain lasts about 30k if you clean it once in a while and lube it about every 1k or so... and don't forget to adjust it when it is over 20-25k... am I considered to be an expert ??? :sign3:

Good question... I changed chain 4 times since 2008... including 3 times on my current bike (she has currently ~97k) an average chain lasts about 30k if you clean it once in a while and lube it about every 1k or so... and don't forget to adjust it when it is over 20-25k... am I considered to be an expert ??? :sign3:

Or adjust it anytime you see there's a lot of slack (according to your manufacturer specs)

Back
Top Bottom