Tire Change | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Change

xchox

Anyone do tire change house calls? I need a rear tire replaced on the back of a Vulcan 1600. I have the new tire. I just need it swapped and I don't have a jack, stands, or any make shift items to half *** it and get it off and to a shop. Well that and my tools are deep in storage to get it off. I would even settle for just getting the wheel off and lending me stands for a couple days to I can take the tire to a shop. Thanks.

Have you taken the rear tire off a shaft drive bike before?

I have.

I think next time I'll just take the bike to the shop and pay the extra $70 in labour to let them do that part instead. ;)

Why not just ride the bike to a local shop versus wanting the shop to come to you? It'll probably cost you significantly more in the end.

Maybe you could half-*** it by riding the wheels over a 2x6, then two stacked 2x6s (make shift ramps) With the whole bike up, wedge some more lumber under the frame just ahead of the rear tire, then knock the 2x6s out from under the tires. Loosen the axle bolts first...

Or just take it into to Glen at Flying Squirrel (Dundas/Carlaw) - he’ll get you a tire and mount it as well,

Back
Top Bottom