Which Bike to Buy? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which Bike to Buy?

And how did that happen?

I owned the bike since new, was rear ended when it was 5 months old, dealer replaced the frame and kept my original frame with its VIN, several years later when I went to renew my plate MTO informed me my bike was sold twice in the previous year. Dirty rotten !@#$%^ of a dealer built a parts bike around my VIN and sold it to somebody. MTO created me an RBT registration VIN based on my birthdate and some random #'s, I stamped that onto the frame myself and has been like that ever since.

lessons learned; Never trust a motorcycle dealer and MTO really is staffed by humans who can make decisions when they have to.

In reality and contrary to the VIN I have the entire original bike except for the frame and rear tail section, the guy who has my bike frame and VIN is riding a rebuilt machine. (of very dubious origin)

I owned the bike since new, was rear ended when it was 5 months old, dealer replaced the frame and kept my original frame with its VIN, several years later when I went to renew my plate MTO informed me my bike was sold twice in the previous year. Dirty rotten !@#$%^ of a dealer built a parts bike around my VIN and sold it to somebody. MTO created me an RBT registration VIN based on my birthdate and some random #'s, I stamped that onto the frame myself and has been like that ever since.

lessons learned; Never trust a motorcycle dealer and MTO really is staffed by humans who can make decisions when they have to.

In reality and contrary to the VIN I have the entire original bike except for the frame and rear tail section, the guy who has my bike frame and VIN is riding a rebuilt machine. (of very dubious origin)
So that was done in 1986. Rules Must have been different then.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Biggest problem for passenger comfort on the FZ/MT09 is the foot pegs, they are positioned quite high. There are alternatives to making it more comfortable. OP it’s difficult to find a bike that fits into the category that you are looking for that also offers pillion needs.

Biggest problem for passenger comfort on the FZ/MT09 is the foot pegs, they are positioned quite high. There are alternatives to making it more comfortable. OP it’s difficult to find a bike that fits into the category that you are looking for that also offers pillion needs.

Yeah, that's certainly the case. My passenger previously rode on my 09 R1, so they're used to being cramped, I just want something a bit better than that, not a touring bike.

The Monster 1200 and Hypermotard I had my passenger try out seemed to offer more leg room than most other bikes. I didn't have them test out the SuperDuke 1290. I'm thinking of choosing between the FZ09/MT09 and the Hypermotard, unless I see an FZ10/Tuono/1290 up for a low price.

Yeah, that's certainly the case. My passenger previously rode on my 09 R1, so they're used to being cramped, I just want something a bit better than that, not a touring bike.

The Monster 1200 and Hypermotard I had my passenger try out seemed to offer more leg room than most other bikes. I didn't have them test out the SuperDuke 1290. I'm thinking of choosing between the FZ09/MT09 and the Hypermotard, unless I see an FZ10/Tuono/1290 up for a low price.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1254

For me I also have a givi rack with a box on my FZ09, held on by four bolts on the subframe. It’s literally a two minute job to install or remove, you can go from the hooligan to sport touring look instantly. Also my wife/son feels safer with the box acting as a back rest.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1254

For me I also have a givi rack with a box on my FZ09, held on by four bolts on the subframe. It’s literally a two minute job to install or remove, you can go from the hooligan to sport touring look instantly. Also my wife/son feels safer with the box acting as a back rest.

:lmao: I would too, nothing to hold you in position or prevent you from flying off on that seat in that position.

No backrests

First little bit of riding was super weird because without the backrest, your butt doesnt know where to sit

both these need suspension work (unless you get the SP), I've had a Hyperstrada for a short little while and was not a fan of the ergonomics on it at all, and im 5'10"

any consideration for Kawasaki's Z900?

Rode the z900, its a nice bike, but no comparison, the fz09 is miles better in the Smile - o - meter department, along with the rest of the bikes OP listed

both these need suspension work (unless you get the SP), I've had a Hyperstrada for a short little while and was not a fan of the ergonomics on it at all, and im 5'10"

Both what?

I'm primarily looking at the SP models. What didn't you like about the ergos? From sitting on it, I felt a bit like a windsail, but the bike otherwise felt like a nice fit.

I can try and upload some photos of me on the various bikes if people are interested in seeing my ugly mug.

I'm primarily looking at the SP models. What didn't you like about the ergos? From sitting on it, I felt a bit like a windsail, but the bike otherwise felt like a nice fit.

I can try and upload some photos of me on the various bikes if people are interested in seeing my ugly mug.

felt like riding a bar stool down the 401.

pretty fun around town tho, brings out your inner hooligan

I was referring to your opinion of the suspension, not what model. :rolleyes:

i think i expressed my opinion on the suspension of both bikes.....they need work, as in not very good off the showroom floor, at the very least replace springs, if finances allow maybe a cartridge kit

Last edited:
i think i expressed my opinion on the suspension of both bikes.....they need work, as in not very good off the showroom floor, at the very least replace springs, if finances allow maybe a cartridge kit

Yes and i disagreed, '17 model is fine.

Yes and i disagreed.

you disagree that they come with crappy stock suspension??? do tell...

lol "17 model is fine" are you a little butt hurt that I said your bike comes with crappy suspension ?

Last edited:
you disagree that they come with crappy stock suspension??? do tell...

lol "17 model is fine" are you a little butt hurt that I said your bike comes with crappy suspension ?

Holy, i disagreed with you, so what?

Back
Top Bottom