Riding insured bike without plates to get safety | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding insured bike without plates to get safety

Speaking of, do uhaul vans or pickup trucks come with a ramp to load the bikes on them?

I know the big giant moving trucks do, not sure of the rest
they have specific motorcycle trailers that do have ramps

@OP

motorcycling is fun, towing sucks, don't ruin your season by trying to save a few dollars. like, in perspective and in this moment, seems like a nice shortcut but when you look in the long run, the risk is too high (i find) to do such an action.

heck, i was stupid years ago (still am on some days), and i'd renew my plates late, i used to live near sandalwood/chinguacousy. i got stopped 3 times in 2 weeks for my plate sticker, within 300m of my house. and i'm not exagerrating. twice in the same week (before i had time to do etest) and 3rd time was after i'd ordered it and he let me go that last time.

with what happened last summer with the group of rideof6 or whatever they were called, you can be sure than any bike without a plate will be more likely to get the book thrown at them unless you get a really cool/nice cop.

10km at 100km/h is only 6 minutes of exposure. You could half this to 3 minutes by increasing velocity to 200km/hr. May need to up peak velocity to account for slower periods (e.g. intersections).

10km at 100km/h is only 6 minutes of exposure. You could half this to 3 minutes by increasing velocity to 200km/hr. May need to up peak velocity to account for slower periods (e.g. intersections).
#physicsonamotorcycleforum

they have specific motorcycle trailers that do have ramps

@OP

motorcycling is fun, towing sucks, don't ruin your season by trying to save a few dollars. like, in perspective and in this moment, seems like a nice shortcut but when you look in the long run, the risk is too high (i find) to do such an action.

heck, i was stupid years ago (still am on some days), and i'd renew my plates late, i used to live near sandalwood/chinguacousy. i got stopped 3 times in 2 weeks for my plate sticker, within 300m of my house. and i'm not exagerrating. twice in the same week (before i had time to do etest) and 3rd time was after i'd ordered it and he let me go that last time.

with what happened last summer with the group of rideof6 or whatever they were called, you can be sure than any bike without a plate will be more likely to get the book thrown at them unless you get a really cool/nice cop.

you were in my neck of the woods

also lmao you got pulled over a lot..

Theres an old saying "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" and motorcycles stand out...a lot

I think you should go for it. If you make it there without event that's a major cool-dude win. If you get pinched, you get to see first-hand how our Courts work when some of us less fortunate can only read boring articles about, so another win.

If you do get pinched, remember not to sweat it.

Its just a pinch.

I took my plate off in the fall to make a bracket for it because it got cracked in half from being bent to many times. Completely forgot it was off an drove to school ~15km a couple times with no plate. Bike is registered and insured, so I wouldn't have had any issues if I was stopped, but never had any trouble. To be fair, where me and you are from are completely different.

I have a truck and trailer, so while I would never have to do it, I'd just drive it.

If you're that worried about it, have someone aware driving a car stay a car length behind you the entire time. Cop can't see if you have no plate if he can't see the back of your bike.

. To be fair, where me and you are from are completely different.

Between the crazy drivers and strong police presence, better have your ducks in a row in B tizzle

As hedo mentioned, if you do get caught, the cop isn't just going to let you ride away with no plate, you'd get a ticket AND get towed (not by a company of your choice). Your math is pretty far off in terms of calculating what the best bang for your buck is...

IF you got caught, you'd get a ticket, a tow, AND have to get it towed again to get a safety.

If you do end up "rolling the dice" (which you probably will), at least have someone in a car tailing you. With the current temps outside, motorcycles on the road will catch everyone's eyes.

you were in my neck of the woods

also lmao you got pulled over a lot..

Theres an old saying "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" and motorcycles stand out...a lot
And i was in my CAR back then.

1st one didnt give me a chance, even though it was my first year in ontario and didnt understand the plate-linked-to-your-bday system as in quebec it was just "for the month" type of thing, not your specific date of birth..and since my bday is 1st of the month i was screwed 1st day into the month. 2nd one told me, well you already got stopped & ticketed so it's not like i can give you a warning (really!?)

Got both of them reversed in court but that was just for a sticker. Not an unfit, unplated vehicle lol

To be fair, where me and you are from are completely different.
Durham region vs Brampton. Yeah. It could be 2 different provinces at this point when looking at how different they are.

It's not a matter of you getting caught by the police, but what If you get in an accident? Anything can happen. Murphy's Law....you would be riding dirty, get in an accident and then would be royally screwed. I just wouldn't risk it.

He can't - he's already transferred it into his name, and the ownership would change to unfit

^^^ This

He’s not eligible for a temp anymore.

I live in Brampton ... where do you live ? I just want to follow and video tape in case something happens ... :p

I will call local shops around me and see if they can do a mobile certification even though I learned that's illegal from this forum. If not, I will not risk riding the 'unfit' bike as the penalties are indeed much higher as stated in some of the replies. It would only make sense to gamble on a fit status. If I have to I will use the toy hauler services for a tow. He's apparently a member on this forum and lives really close to me plus he's got great reviews here. Thanks for the help guys.

I know it wasn't the advice you wanted to hear, but this is definitely a "better safe than sorry" scenario...especially in Brampton. ;)

Why not just do it if that was your intent.
Why post openly on a forum that is known to have LEO monitoring that you intend to commit an illegal act?

Back
Top Bottom