Where to buy leather dye | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy leather dye

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Anyone know a place that can match and sell a bottle of leather dye for a car seat? (The closer to Mississauga the better) Seems like the particular code I'm looking for has been discontinued and I can't find any product online (BMW Taninred Q2TD).

I want to dye a scuff mark, nothing big. I'd rather do it myself (1. Cheaper 2. I'll probably enjoy it)

Tandy Leather in Mississauga probably.

Tandy in mississauga is probably your only local choice, but your propbably limited to existing color selections, to my knowledge they dont do custom matches.
You might also want a clear acrylic top coat, otherwise the dye can come off on the clothes. Its a clear and can be had in flat finish.

Working with leather is a tricky proposition. Upholstery leathers have a finish that behaves more like paint than dye, you'll have more success with leather paints.

Try Michaels craft stores. http://canada.michaels.com/on/deman...sCanada-Site/en_CA/Product-Show?pid=M10509258.

Any flexible acrylic paint will fix up light cracks and scuffs, I like these because they are available in small sizes. You can also mix yourself to darken or lighten colors for matching.

If you have tears or the surface is worn off, best try an upholstery repair shop. They have special fillers and patterns to restore the surface texture.

Back
Top Bottom