Ever done this or heard of someone doing it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ever done this or heard of someone doing it?

perferd

Soaking new gloves in hot water then wearing them till they dry to soften them up or work them in?

I have some new a* gp pro r2 gloves and they are tight hard and seem small. I have been thinking of Either trading them or selling them but I'm starting to think they just need to be worn in...

Soaking new gloves in hot water then wearing them till they dry to soften them up or work them in?

I have some new a* gp pro r2 gloves and they are tight hard and seem small. I have been thinking of Either trading them or selling them but I'm starting to think they just need to be worn in...

I prefer slightly tight gloves over lose gloves. If you’re talking about leather gloves you might just need to wear things in a bit.

Get some Neatsfoot oil. It really softens up the leather so it can stretch. Can find it at Amazon or at Tandy Leather on Tomken in Mississauga.

back in the day we did that when skates were made of leather
may work with gloves, but I'd want to get some oil on them before they are dry
or they'll end up even smaller and less pliable I figure

If a pair of new boots aren't perfectly comfy,i put about a cup of water in each and wear them for a few hours.Take them off,stuff them with newspaper a few times and then just let them dry for a few days.They feel like slippers after.And nothing ever touches my leather that i wouldn't put on my skin.Feibings is the only stuff to use.This advice comes from leather expert John Bickle.

If a pair of new boots aren't perfectly comfy,i put about a cup of water in each and wear them for a few hours.......

How do you get your toes past the cup?

I wouldn't use water on leather, they'll dry stiff and lose their suppleness.

I normally buy gloves a size too small, almost uncomfortable to wear, and then let the leather stretch naturally over the season. After a few rides, the glove will have stretched in all the right places and it'll fit like... well, a glove...

If you need to speed the process up a bit, use mink oil. We use them on our race suits to stretch them initially and to keep them supple.

I'd buy gloves that fit, and agree with the others that water will make them stiff and not better.

I break in new ones by wearing them driving the car, pushing the lawnmower, whatever.

Holy, I just seen how much those gloves cost! Take them back, tell them they are too tight hard and seem small, then ask for something worth your 300+ dollars.

Water will relax leather and allow it to stretch and mould -- it doesn't soften it, in most cases if makes it stiffer after drying.

Leather will soften with use. Toss gloves/jacket/chaps into your dryer with a bunch of dry towels, and low heat. The tumbling will 'break' the leather and make it softer.

Leather oils, fatliquor, dubbin, saddle soap, beezwax etc degrade glove leathers -- not recommended.

My son plays AAA baseball. New baseball gloves are put into a steam cabinet to help work them in.

You may have seen one of theses little glass glove-steaming boxes at some of the better sporting goods stores. See if they'll let you toss your gloves into the steam box for a minute.

So I soaked them in hot water and wore them overnight to bed lol. Today I bought mink oil rubbed it in and wore the gloves for 45min or so and will probably wear them some more later.

The gloves feel so much better...

Back
Top Bottom