New to GTA and forums | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to GTA and forums

jckloo

Hi - I just relocated to Toronto from the San Francisco Bay area for work. I’ve been riding off and on for 25+ years but have never ridden in Ontario except for a trip around Lake Superior almost 20 years ago. I’m looking forward to getting to know the area. My bikes are currently back in California and I’m debating whether to bring one out or just buy a bike here.

Welcome to GTAM.

If you import the scoots there is a procedure - Google "Registrar of imported vehicles" and you can read up on the process. For road vehicles it can be a bit of a hassle, needing documents and such from the manufacturers confirming that any and all recalls have been completed, etc etc...so you should definitely weigh the pros and cons of transporting them across the continent and then jumping through all the hoops...vs selling them and buying new here instead.

You living right downtown? Unfortunately you are stuck in the middle of an asphalt wasteland that takes at least 1+ hours to get out of before you get to any decent riding roads (and an hour or more yet before you get to any good ones) but compared to what you might have been used to out in CA (depending on how far/where you rode) our "good" roads may seem boring in comparison, but it is what it is.

What kind of bikes do you ride?

Last edited:
Welcome.

To put things in perspective for you, we have 2 seasons here; winter and construction. The latter effects mostly everyones roads in a 1 hour radius around the downtown core. Be ready for shock at insurance quotes depending on what you ride.

Big weekly meetup is Thursday Night at Lakeshore and Leslie, just east of the core. Or if you`re more about riding then there's a handful of groups/forums that people can point you to.

Welcome to the forum and town! Sadly no lane filtering or the like here compared to Cali.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Welcome to GTAM.

If you import the scoots there is a procedure - Google "Registrar of imported vehicles" and you can read up on the process. For road vehicles it can be a bit of a hassle, needing documents and such from the manufacturers confirming that any and all recalls have been completed, etc etc...so you should definitely weigh the pros and cons of transporting them across the continent and then jumping through all the hoops...vs selling them and buying new here instead.

You living right downtown? Unfortunately you are stuck in the middle of an asphalt wasteland that takes at least 1+ hours to get out of before you get to any decent riding roads (and an hour or more yet before you get to any good ones) but compared to what you might have been used to out in CA (depending on how far/where you rode) our "good" roads may seem boring in comparison, but it is what it is.

What kind of bikes do you ride?

I have a thing for 90s Ducatis - I have a 900 SS/SP, a Monster 900 and an ST4. Debating bringing out the Monster because of your asphalt wasteland point... It’s a good urban bike.

Back
Top Bottom