There is hope for spring | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

There is hope for spring

FFS I have 10's of thousands of posts in the climate wars and grade school kids can understand the rather simple science of AGW.
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/earth-sciences/climate-change-science-t988.html

Wht don't you question Gavin ?

Gavin A. Schmidt
Filed under: Contributor Bio's Extras — gavin @ 6 December 2004
Gavin Schmidt is a climate modeller at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Earth Institute at Columbia University in New York and is interested in modeling past, present and future climate. He works on developing and improving coupled climate models and, in particular, is interested in how their results can be compared to paleoclimatic proxy data. He has worked on assessing the climate response to multiple forcings, including solar irradiance, atmospheric chemistry, aerosols, and greenhouse gases.

He received a BA (Hons) in Mathematics from Oxford University, a PhD in Applied Mathematics from University College London and was a NOAA Postdoctoral Fellow in Climate and Global Change Research. He was cited by Scientific American as one of the 50 Research Leaders of 2004, and has worked on Education and Outreach with the American Museum of Natural History, the College de France and the New York Academy of Sciences. He has over 100 peer-reviewed publications and is the co-author with Josh Wolfe of “Climate Change: Picturing the Science” (W. W. Norton, 2009), a collaboration between climate scientists and photographers. He was awarded the inaugural AGU Climate Communications Prize and was the EarthSky Science communicator of the year in 2011. He tweets at @ClimateOfGavin.

=============
Gavin Schmidt
NASA/Goddard Institute for Space Studies
2880 Broadway
New York, NY 10025
Tel: (212) 678 5627
Email: gschmidt@giss.nasa.gov
URL: http://www.giss.nasa.gov/~gavin

He's quite approachable - he's answered a few of my questions.
Are you going to ask for his credentials ????

Your lack of knowledge on the other hand is writ large in your posts

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2007/05/start-here/

You are far far out of your depth and entirely influenced by political crap.
Try looking up Prof Mueller

http://bigthink.com/re-envision-toy...-richard-muller-former-climate-change-skeptic

Some more remedial reading.
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

and notably the judge in the trial asking for compensation asked to be educated.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2018/03/alsup-asks-for-answers/

••••

The world has moved on to what to do about it, how to cope with the existing changes in the climate and lately who is to pay for it.
You DO understand the fossil fuel companies acknowledge AGW and the climate science supporting it ???

And you have the temerity to suggest you know better ????? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Someone needs to find the programmer. It’s a terrible algorithm.

LOL.

I am still waiting for academic credentials to prove I'm less educated than Macdoc or PP

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have any credentials specific to climate change, however I am a firm believer in science - and the overwhelming consensus amongst scientists is that climate change caused by humans is very real.

I do not subscribe to believing things based on junk science, conspiracy theories, mommy blogs, (or whatever else some people rely on for their “facts”) even when they might happen to fit my arguments – this is the trap However that many others fall into. They don’t want to hear facts anymore, they want to hear things that fit their preconceived ideas or arguments, even if they aren’t actually factual.

I saw a car today with a bumper sticker on the back of her car exclaiming “Flouride - There’s poison in our pipes!”. You’ll have no problem finding other crazies online who believe the same thing despite overwhelming scientific evidence it’s safe and beneficial.

There’s people who think we never went to the moon...despite overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.

There’s people who still demand the earth is flat...despite overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.

There’s people who think the Titanic never sank...despite overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.

I could go on and on.

At some point you need to toss out your preconceived ideas that might just happen to fit your argument and believe in science (and the people writing it) instead.

There’s one neat thing about science - it’s right, no matter if you believe in it, or not.

He didn't provide a legitimate link. Would those link be recognized in a scientific community?

Any living system that absorbs CO2 emits O2 as a by product. The ocean is still the largest CO2 sink.

I am still waiting for academic credentials to prove I'm less educated than Macdoc or PP

The scientific community only communicates through academic papers and journals that are peer reviewed. The website or links are just to communicate results to interested layment like you or me in a manner that is somewhat easy to digest... scientists don't link each other to websites; that's not how academia works.

Have you ever read a journal article? It's not easy reading... in grad school I'd spend weeks distilling what I read in a proper paper.

Sorry Mike, but the majority of the O2 produced from earth comes from the Ocean. A large forest like the Amazon produces just enough O2 for the animals living in it.
Not sure what you are sorry about, we're not talking about O2 production, we're talking about carbon sequestering. I guess there is a loose connection, but O2 has about zero to do with warming (unless of course you are on fire, then it helps).

scientists don't link each other to websites; that's not how academia works.

Actually that's slightly off.

Real Climate is created by working climate scientists to communicate climate science in an understandable manner and to cross fertilize. The list of contributors is extensive.

For AGW that HAS to be how this part of academia works given the massive funding of the special interests

Actually that's slightly off.

Real Climate is created by working climate scientists to communicate climate science in an understandable manner and to cross fertilize. The list of contributors is extensive.

For AGW that HAS to be how this part of academia works given the massive funding of the special interests

I don't doubt it, even in economics certain ideas are discussed in websites and data can be shared that way, but the majority of working economists still base their livelihoods by publishing in peer reviewed journals and references tend to be from peer reviewed sources. Is that not also the case for AGW?

Can't answer that ...you'd need to poll some of the RealClimate contributors. Many are university based researchers.
Gavin was NASA and Michael Mann Uni.

It was supposed to be 6 out ....it is now snowing ...this sucks.

Can't answer that ...you'd need to poll some of the RealClimate contributors. Many are university based researchers.
Gavin was NASA and Michael Mann Uni.

It was supposed to be 6 out ....it is now snowing ...this sucks.

It was 9C out several hours ago in Kingston, I got excited for a minute...wheeled the bike out to tidy the garage and do some maintenance ....then it started snowing. This is slightly frustrating

Not sure what you are sorry about, we're not talking about O2 production, we're talking about carbon sequestering. I guess there is a loose connection, but O2 has about zero to do with warming (unless of course you are on fire, then it helps).
Carbon sequestering & O2 production goes hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other! It's the law of this earth. I assume we're arguing about this planet.

Bursts of snow every 20-30 minutes here...was thinking about going out earlier, but not gonna risk it when it may be snowing when I get to point B.

Carbon sequestering & O2 production goes hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other! It's the law of this earth. I assume we're arguing about this planet.
My bad... I am replying at work. Never mind.

Nevermind, I am replying at work. My bad...

Back
Top Bottom