M exit question | GTAMotorcycle.com

M exit question

Have to finally take my m road test this summer, think I'm good as I'm a very safe head turning rider... Just wondering though if anyone has recently taken the test as I'm not sure about the emergency stop part, everyone I speak to gives me a different opinion, some say gear down some say shut the bike off some say get off the bike... Ugh ! Please help

there's no emergency stop that i know.. i was just told to pull over and get off the bike.

Make sure you do a full head check, if you have 4 ways, turn them on. You are normally told how to react. Possible steady the bike. Depends on the examiner as to whether to remain on the bike. Might be asked if you do not dismount to raise both hands in the air. Also do not forget when you pull away, your full head check.
I am sure there are Instructors out here. this is a short answer till others respond.

You are given the opportunity to ask questions before the road test begins. This would be the ideal time to see what your examiner is looking for.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Mirror check, signal, blind spot check, pull over (don’t stop in front of a driveway), 4 ways on if you have them, bike off, side stand down, off the bike, reverse to start again and make sure you get right out to the left track. They may stop you part way through the process, if they think you know what you’re doing.

I highly recommend taking the test through a training facility or college. When I did mine (2001? 2002?) it was a two day course. You spent the first half of Saturday in a parking lot on your own bike, going over and refreshing all of your basic skills. Then the second half of Saturday was spent on the road in a small group, with the instructor behind you in the van they will follow you with on your test. You wear the ear piece they will use to give you instructions on the test with and they basically take you through the test route showing you all of the "pit falls" and helping you perfect your head turning and the like so that when you take your actual test on Sunday it's almost impossible to fail.

Worth the money in my book.

Have to finally take my m road test this summer, think I'm good as I'm a very safe head turning rider... Just wondering though if anyone has recently taken the test as I'm not sure about the emergency stop part, everyone I speak to gives me a different opinion, some say gear down some say shut the bike off some say get off the bike... Ugh ! Please help

What they are looking for is that you can bring your giant motorcycle to a fast controlled stop without excess skidding, you should be modulating your front and rear brake correctly and not wobbling or falling over once you come to a full stop. That last part is probably the most important.

Once you are stopped you should be ready to go again, so no to shutting the bike off or dismounting or whatever, that just isn't a real world situation, that's like done for the day, lets go crack a cold one.

Despite the fact you've asked this question in multiple places, it's still not clear to me exactly what licence you're doing the road test for.

Do you have your M1 and you are doing the test to exit to M2?

Or do you have your M2 and you are doing the test to exit to the full M?

What they are looking for on the "emergency stop" portion of the M1 exit road test is vastly different than the "roadside stop" M2 exit road test.

What they are looking for on the "emergency stop" portion of the M1 exit road test is vastly different than the "roadside stop" M2 exit road test.

I remember the road side stop lol that was where you had to do the U-turn on the road infront of the house where the lady was washing dishes, she watched out the window to see that you did everything right and then she telephoned the tester to say ya, he's good to go. :lmao: I bet they don't do it that way any more.

Hey y'all, about to register for M exit as well. I know there are courses for M exit. If I already did a safety course already for my M2 exit, are there additional savings if I take another course for the M exit?

Insurance discounts (beyond the initial M1>M2 discounts for taking a recognized training course) are usually based on years you’ve ridden.

In short, M2 exit to full M won’t make much (if any) difference, and based on my experience insurance companies won’t offer you much it any discount for doing so via a course vs the MTO method. Just claim, ticket, and accident free years in the saddle will earn you further discounts.

depends on where you took your training course. I know RTI offers discounts for people returning to do their M2 exit.

Hey y'all, about to register for M exit as well. I know there are courses for M exit. If I already did a safety course already for my M2 exit, are there additional savings if I take another course for the M exit?
Are you even able to book a date? I am ready to register for M2 Exit (M license) and am unable to make a booking at the drive test website.

I tried calling them- but it was an useless attempt, it's impossible to get through to an agent.

Are you even able to book a date? I am ready to register for M2 Exit (M license) and am unable to make a booking at the drive test website.

I tried calling them- but it was an useless attempt, it's impossible to get through to an agent.
motorcycle m1/m2 exit course booking opens on may 1st. That's probably why you aren't able to make the booking

For ref: https://drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-motorcycles.html
Motorcycle road tests (classes M2 and M) are available from mid-May to mid-October each year, weather permitting. Motorcycle road tests will be available for booking beginning May 1st.
takes me forever and a day to find this every time...

Watch the guys in Aurora on the emerg stop and in construction areas. They used a trick move on 2 of my buddies, after the stop (successful), they radioed the riders to head back on the road, the observers slowly nosed the chase car making the riders think they were blocking for them -- then failed the riders for not yielding ROW. They also failed one for using the left lane in a rough road area. They said despite the road being rough and loose, it was safer and proper in the right lane.

They also failed one for using the left lane in a rough road area. They said despite the road being rough and loose, it was safer and proper in the right lane.

wow- how does this constitute a fail? I understand probably a point or 2 being docked (and that too is debatable considering the rider did the right thing by moving to a lane that he judged to be safer).

wow- how does this constitute a fail? I understand probably a point or 2 being docked (and that too is debatable considering the rider did the right thing by moving to a lane that he judged to be safer).
A lot of the time, actions can trigger the automatic fail provisions. As per mad mike, if you fail to yield the right of way you fail. Some examiners interpret this as any other vehicle making any correction at all to their current path and speed even if it was not warranted. A friend failed while waiting at a stop sign behind the line as an approaching car slid over in their lane to give space in case he went. Moving to the left lane while not exceeding the speed limit will cause other vehicles to alter their driving and therefore you fail. It makes no sense but the stupidity regarding driving tests has gone on forever and I don't see it changing for the better any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom