Insurance question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance question

poket

Hi Guys i have a question

Currently i got a quote from a broker for insurance on a Supersport bike for 1200(1m liability and 500 deductible 3rd party) for the bike which is really good considering its standalone insurance, and i only have 4 years riding experience and 29 years old

Today I got the insurance papers from the insurance company i am with(wawanesa) but i noticed there was a age group discount was added, Age 30-34. But currently i am only 29, i will be 30 next year. I am unsure of what the age is put on my insurance documents, the broker got my age and all information from my driver license.

I have not paid the insurance yet since it just received the documents today, anyone know if i should pay this now to keep the good discount, or should I call in and get this double checked. If i call in i feel like the insurance will be over 4k since that is what all other company quote me at, and that is to expensive for me.

Anyone have a suggestion on what i should do?

Thank you!

Call and be upfront with them. It's better to do that than to have an underwriter somewhere find it out a month from now and cancel your policy instead for material misrepresentation - a cancellation on your record will put you into facility association rates for quite a few years - much pain. Or worse yet, you actually need the insurance and they deny your claim because of it, honestly mistake or otherwise.

Hopefully they can work out a solution to get you on the right side of things without much pain.

Call and be upfront with them. It's better to do that than to have an underwriter somewhere find it out a month from now and cancel your policy instead for material misrepresentation - a cancellation on your record will put you into facility association rates for quite a few years - much pain. Or worse yet, you actually need the insurance and they deny your claim because of it, honestly mistake or otherwise.

Hopefully they can work out a solution to get you on the right side of things without much pain.

Ok, Will give a call to broker first, hopefully he can sort it out.

Thank you!

Hi Guys i have a question

Currently i got a quote from a broker for insurance on a Supersport bike for 1200(1m liability and 500 deductible 3rd party) for the bike which is really good considering its standalone insurance, and i only have 4 years riding experience and 29 years old

Today I got the insurance papers from the insurance company i am with(wawanesa) but i noticed there was a age group discount was added, Age 30-34. But currently i am only 29, i will be 30 next year. I am unsure of what the age is put on my insurance documents, the broker got my age and all information from my driver license.

I have not paid the insurance yet since it just received the documents today, anyone know if i should pay this now to keep the good discount, or should I call in and get this double checked. If i call in i feel like the insurance will be over 4k since that is what all other company quote me at, and that is to expensive for me.

Anyone have a suggestion on what i should do?

Thank you!

Hi, how long have you been motorcycle licensed ? Wawanesa requires a minimum of 6 years from M1.

He has 4 years riding experience as per his original post

Well, I assumed he's been licensed longer than 4 years, just started riding 4 years ago. Because every broker I talked to said, wawanesa won't make any exceptions to the 6 year licensed rule. Not sure how OP managed if he has been licensed for less than that. I sure would like to know

Well, I assumed he's been licensed longer than 4 years, just started riding 4 years ago. Because every broker I talked to said, wawanesa won't make any exceptions to the 6 year licensed rule. Not sure how OP managed if he has been licensed for less than that. I sure would like to know

Yes they require 4 years, but my broker called Wawanesa and got me approved, I had to wait 30 mins for the approval. I used the broker "cornerstone insurance brokers".

As i mentioned earlier about the age group discount "30-34",this was done on Wawanesa side. The age my broker put in is correct so I went ahead and paid the insurance today

Yes they require 4 years, but my broker called Wawanesa and got me approved, I had to wait 30 mins for the approval. I used the broker "cornerstone insurance brokers".

As i mentioned earlier about the age group discount "30-34",this was done on Wawanesa side. The age my broker put in is correct so I went ahead and paid the insurance today

I was told wawanesa requires 6 years, not 4 years ... by multiple brokers. Not sure how your broker pulled it off. Would you mind sharing what bike you ride and the city where you're located? Thanks

I was told wawanesa requires 6 years, not 4 years ... by multiple brokers. Not sure how your broker pulled it off. Would you mind sharing what bike you ride and the city where you're located? Thanks

07 cbr600rr, im in brampton

07 cbr600rr, im in brampton

29, 4 years experience, supersport, not meeting the required minimum experience for the underwriter, and Brampton on top of it all...and your rate is only $1200?

Something doesn't add up here to me. Are you sure this is a legit broker?

Is this for just SS? Im with them on a FJR. Less then 4 years.

29, 4 years experience, supersport, not meeting the required minimum experience for the underwriter, and Brampton on top of it all...and your rate is only $1200?

Something doesn't add up here to me. Are you sure this is a legit broker?

Yes its a legit broker (cornerstone broker/ broker link), I got the policy from wawanesa as well

Back
Top Bottom