Ride in today's (Fri) weather: light snow, 1°C? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride in today's (Fri) weather: light snow, 1°C?

Pistachio Nuts

Would you guys ride in today's weather?

There's light snow now, but it's above freezing. We're supposed to get 2cm of snow by late-morning, which was about the time I was going to pick up my bike and ride back to d/t Toronto (via 401 and DVP). The shop's in Whitby.

I would just wait until next week if the shop will hold on to your bike until then. If you need to emergency brake or need to make any quick sudden movements you might eat *****. I'd just wait till next Friday and then ride next weekend :)

All kinds of NOPE to riding in today's weather. I'm sure there will be some dedicated dual-sport riders with appropriate snow tires who do it anyhow.

Oh the itch to pick up the bike early April.

I passed on picking up my bike in sudbury a few years ago ... but they had actual ice on the roads lol

Waiting might be worth it for you

Friday April 13th forecast high of 10 degrees...reschedule to that date.

Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be "nuts" to ride in this weather. Pardon the pun

I ride in a lot of weather many people find questionable.

Light snow and barely above zero is not one of them.

I’ve accidentally ridden in snow a few times before (didn’t check forecast) and I wouldn’t do it again. Aside from friction issues clearing your visor from snow gets a bit tiresome.

if we'd had some consistently warmer temps prior to todays flurries
yeah, I'd ride if I needed to....but with night temps well below freezing
a little snow and slush is going to be a very bad deal on roads that have never warmed

The roads in KW were treacherous even in my STI; very thin film of ice under a thin layer of blowing snow. Merging onto 85 southbound resulted in all 4 breaking loose and a cool looking but unintentional 4-wheel drift. No way would I ever entertain the thought riding in conditions like these, unless it was a dual sport on dirt. Saw a few intrepid souls on their e-bikes but those folks will ride/duckwalk in anything...

Last edited:
Hmm Friday, bad weather, and Toronto 401 & DVP, not a good mix, nope!

Even if the weather is above freezing it may not mean the ground or the pavement is.

I think Pistachio needs to change his handle to just Nuts.. :)

You didnt mention the bike type or even tires that are on the bike.. I would consider the 5degC. the coldest anyone should ride out on and only when it's completely bone dry outside, when you add in other factors like rain/snow is just asking for trouble because the tire compound isn't how it's meant to in these conditions.

Last edited:
I drove my cage and was down on Camden St downtown this morning. There was a GS800 parked, and a guy parking an older standard. Both bikes were parked there when I parked my bike on windy Wednesday. Today was beyond my limit (having had a previous bad experience with snow). Those guys are nuts!

I've ridden a light bike all winter but that was when car drivers had to have actual driver's licenses, not the LCBO stubs they use now.

Dress warm and make sure it's a light bike. Body English doesn't work as well with Goldwings.

Learn to treat frostbite.

Correction: Make that a cheap light bike as it won't be worth much with a rusted frame.

I drove my cage and was down on Camden St downtown this morning. There was a GS800 parked, and a guy parking an older standard. Both bikes were parked there when I parked my bike on windy Wednesday. Today was beyond my limit (having had a previous bad experience with snow). Those guys are nuts!

was that standard an orange suzuki? thats me! but yeah i see that gs800 there all the time. that dudes been around the world on that bike.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom