Anyone order from FortNine recently? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone order from FortNine recently?

CP has been sluggish all week. I had a couple packages sitting in customs in MTL for several days before they started moving again. Friendly reminder that we live in a banana republic.

CP has been sluggish all week. I had a couple packages sitting in customs in MTL for several days before they started moving again. Friendly reminder that we live in a banana republic.

In this case, the finger should probably be pointed at CBSA rather than Canada Post.

From my experience shipping has never been a wow factor of Fort Nine. Sure it gets here, but nothing compared to how Revzilla operates south of the border and how quickly their products arrive (to US addresses).

Shipping/postal service in the continental US is nothing short of amazing... They have the systems/infrastructure in place.
I order a lot if stuff from the US and have it sent to my US address... I routinely receive packages from as far as California to NY in two days...
Best case was the time I ordered lowered foot pegs for my Suzuki...
Ordered online from Boise Idaho Monday at 4pm.
Mailman ringing my doorbell at noon Tuesday...
20 hours. $7 shipping fee.

Problem is with Canada Post, FortNine is not to blame for our ****** postal service.

Yes I have to agree.

I put my first order with FortNine last week. Online and order processing was easy and quick.

I checked the tracking for the shipment, it arrived from Montreal within a day, 2 days processing at the local Post depot, and has been out for delivery for 3 days!!! How is that possible? CP is F-d up.

has been out for delivery for 3 days!!! How is that possible? CP is F-d up.

This is what happens when things get contracted out. It’s not actual CP employees doing many end deliveries anymore, it’s some guy and his minivan doing it instead...and there doesn’t seem to be much accountability.

Ordered from them on Thursday, shipped on Friday, Got the package on Tuesday. was supposed to be Monday, but CP posted a bad weather delay... I live in Sauga if it helps anyone, hopefully everyone gets their stuff on time and CP gets more accurate with the delivery timeline.

Yes I have to agree.

I put my first order with FortNine last week. Online and order processing was easy and quick.

I checked the tracking for the shipment, it arrived from Montreal within a day, 2 days processing at the local Post depot, and has been out for delivery for 3 days!!! How is that possible? CP is F-d up.
We're just recovering from a major weather event. I'm sure you're familiar? Mail and parcels didn't move on Monday, some went yesterday, and they should be caught up by days end.
This is what happens when things get contracted out. It’s not actual CP employees doing many end deliveries anymore, it’s some guy and his minivan doing it instead...and there doesn’t seem to be much accountability.
Totally untrue. If it's shipped by Canada Post, it's delivered by a CP carrier.

via Tapatalk

See I was giving them a days grace for the weather, justifiable.
But now it has been reasonably good.

I just put a call into them to find out what is going on. No real answers, said it was dispatched in my very local area and should be delivered by end of day today. (Ya whatever). I reminded them is was a "expedited" package, doesn't this mean anything?

The person on the phone mentioned they do deliver up until 8pm at night. I know for a fact my postal guy doesn't work past 3 pm guaranteed, I also know he usually does deliver packages before the mail. I already got my mail. So that doesn't add up.

@PrivatePilot is probably onto something.

</sigh> why is nothing easy anymore, when it should be!!

The person on the phone mentioned they do deliver up until 8pm at night.

Some do. Twelve hour days are not uncommon.

@PrivatePilot is probably onto something.

No, sorry, he's not. Again, in urban areas, this is not correct. CP carriers deliver the parcels.

via Tapatalk

Well this always happens to me. Every time I call in to complain or find out what's going on. The dam thing shows up. Package received.

Oh and it was a CP van.

Now I can put on the accessories and be ready for the better weather.
Who do you call for that

Totally untrue. If it's shipped by Canada Post, it's delivered by a CP carrier.

Someone at CP gave me bad info at one time then, having told me that they contracted out some of their parcel delivery to agent carriers, even in suburban areas at times.

I know for a fact that our local deliveries are done by a guy in an unmarked vehicle...which typically appears to be their personal vehicle.

Someone at CP gave me bad info at one time then, having told me that they contracted out some of their parcel delivery to agent carriers, even in suburban areas at times.

I know for a fact that our local deliveries are done by a guy in an unmarked vehicle...which typically appears to be their personal vehicle.
They do. I've had both in Barrie, a marked CP van and a burgundy Grand Caravan with CP magnets on the doors.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Well this always happens to me. Every time I call in to complain or find out what's going on. The dam thing shows up. Package received.

Good to hear.

Yes, you were provided misleading and false information.

Urban letter carriers drive CP vehicles. Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers, known as RSMCs, provide their own vehicles. PP, your mail is brought by an RSMC.

Some postal stations will supplement the fleet with rental trucks as required, particularly during the Christmas season. These vehicles are typically unmarked. Throw in a new employee who has yet to receive a uniform, and confusion reigns.

Another source of confusion can come with Amazon parcels. Amazon uses a number of courier services, among them Canada Post, as well as their own delivery. If a customer receives a parcel delivered by CP one week, he might assume all Amazon deliveries are handled by CP. The following week, he receives another parcel, but this time it's brought by a guy with no uniform driving a white van. Is it a newly hired CP LC driving a rental? Or perhaps it's one of Amazon's own guys. Best to check the shipping label.

In every case, without exception, whether urban or rural, if it's shipped by Canada Post, it will be delivered by a Canada Post employee.

via Tapatalk

I ordered brake pads last Friday and I'm suppose to get it tomorrow according to Canada post. They got a part number wrong and I think that's why it got delayed.

Oh and it was a CP van.

Now I can put on the accessories and be ready for the better weather.
Who do you call for that

Good to hear. Whatcha get ? Turbo charger ? Flame thrower ? Cloak of invisibility ? Or maybe some new shiny bits ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too funny anterabae .

Btw, did you get the new bike ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saturday's the magic day! I'd originally taken today and tomorrow off so I could pick it up today, but with every forecast calling for snow today I postponed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Good to hear. Whatcha get ? Turbo charger ? Flame thrower ? Cloak of invisibility ? Or maybe some new shiny bits ?

Haha... I got a Robbo Tracker... wasn't easy to find!!

Some shiny chrome bits. Should be showing up on the photo tags soon! ;)

Back
Top Bottom