K&N oil filter in Burlington Area? None at CT | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

K&N oil filter in Burlington Area? None at CT

Amazon

Motocicelletta Appleby & Dundas has that filter, and motul synth on sale.
This place in Burly has Motul for that price all year round! Burly cycle wants $30 more for the same jug HAHA! I thought this place only carries Fram filters? nMaybe he started carrying K&N recently

Have used their house brand or Castrol for years too.
Is Castrol wet clutch safe? I have a bunch of EDGE stuff I'd love to be able to use in a bike.

All the ones here do where they stock the amsoil etc. and motorcycle filters
You sure they still have Amsoil? I was under the impression they stopped carrying all Amsoil products. I used to like being able to pick up Amsoil 2 stroke oil at CT when I was out and about the low oil indicator came on. Now I gotta remember to check it more often at home as I only see outboard motor 2T oils at CT and otherwise it's too risky I'll get stranded without a good source of oil.

Is Castrol wet clutch safe? I have a bunch of EDGE stuff I'd love to be able to use in a bike.

You sure they still have Amsoil? I was under the impression they stopped carrying all Amsoil products. I used to like being able to pick up Amsoil 2 stroke oil at CT when I was out and about the low oil indicator came on. Now I gotta remember to check it more often at home as I only see outboard motor 2T oils at CT and otherwise it's too risky I'll get stranded without a good source of oil.
I have a almost full gallon of amsoil dominator you can buy from me if you want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

^^

my local CT still carries Amsoil 10/40 for bikes
and pretty sure they had 2T bike oil as well
but I got lots of Whiskey Tango around here
they love 2T oil, put it on pancakes

Castrol was on sale the other day as well
bottle does not mention JASO-MA or MA2

but that don't necessarily mean it's no good for a wet clutch
Rotella says it's JASO compliant in the description
but no certification, maybe Castrol is the same?
but I'm not taking the chance, have had good experience with T6

Is Castrol wet clutch safe?....

To be clear, only ever used the Castrol for motorcycles from CTC/WalMart, etc. in the past....no other Castrol.
90458.jpg

Last edited:
I have a almost full gallon of amsoil dominator you can buy from me if you want.
I think you're too far from me unless it's for a rock-bottom price. I already have a few 1L bottles of Motul and a gallon of some BRP stuff that should be safe. I don't really go through much. Does this stuff have a shelf life?

To be clear, only ever used the Castrol for motorcycles from CTC/WalMart, etc. in the past....no other Castrol.
90458.jpg
Oh I see. That makes sense. I just assumed you meant a non-motorcycle specific oil as T4 is not really motorcycle specific (although it does have JASO now).

but I got lots of Whiskey Tango around here
they love 2T oil, put it on pancakes.
I don't know what that means, lol, but I haven't seen it in any CT in awhile. Maybe I'll look again when I'm in more remote areas. I Googled it once I couldn't find it and found some stuff stating CT and Amsoil couldn't agree on pricing on contract renewal so the contract got scrapped.

CTC near me has a motorcycle section

but Rotella is not there as it's a truck oil
I use T6 5W40 synth in my bikes

T6 is....Rotella.

RotellaT (or whatever they re-branded it, T4 or something now) is indeed a full dino diesel engine oil, but eleventy million motorcyclists have been using it with great success for many, many years. Myself included, in both bikes.

All CT's have a basic powersports aisle. And yes, almost (see below) every oil you could ever possibly want, in every different flavour.

On the topic of Amsoil, all our local CT's stopped carrying it. Back when I had Jetskis I used to buy the injector oil there all the time as it was a good quality product, but then it went away, along with all their other options. YMMV at the store level, but at the chain level anymore I think it's history.

As for K&N, I'm no fan of their products in general - a lot of marketing, not a lot of real world benefits aside from removing more $$ from your wallet. OP, get an OEM filter - CT even carries a small selection of MC oil filters at most locations, but you may need to ask as not all stores have them on the shelves.

T6 is....Rotella.

yup, and T6 is also full synth, T4 is dino

was pointing out to OP, or anyone else interested
that while there is much talk of Rotella on motorcycle forums
it will not be found in the powersports aisle, as it's a diesel engine oil

it will not be found in the powersports aisle, as it's a diesel engine oil

Ah yes...powersports aisle, no. In the regular automotive engine oil, most certainly. :)

Tried the T6 in my wife's bike 2 years back, being air cooled and all. Experienced clutch slip in short order. Swapped it out for regular T (er, T4 now I guess) and it went away immediately.

I've put ~50K on my VTX in the last 3 years on regular dino T.

Back
Top Bottom