Fishy bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fishy bike

bigpoppa

Found a bike that looked too good to be true, someone also posted the ninja 300 in reasonable thread. Guy finally gets back to me with a story that sounded familiar (remember reading someone else posting something similar a few months back) guy claims he’s out of the country, gave the bike to his brother who left for NY, who gave it to a truck driver who has the bike and would now like my info so he can bring the bike over with all the paperwork(uvip, ownership , bill of sale etc) for delivery. The email sounds like it’s rehearsed, long winded like someone planned to write it. Almost sounds like some guy in India writing a scam letter. Claims the driver will deliver it at no cost... thoughts?

Should I pass or insist on taking a look at the bike at his place? I would likely not buy it unless Frekey takes a look at it first , but i don’t wanna waste his time on scams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a textbook scam to me.

Run.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

It's not a scam. I checked with my brother-in law's cousin's sister's boyfriend and he verified it by his father's nephew's wife.

Seriously, if the situation is that complex I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole even if it was legit.

How about they email you a copy of the ownership.

dbf2956c05eb24b18377694954deb537.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

There's a series on Netflix called "Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley" - One episode he chats to the Nigarian scammers. Interesting to see how much money these guys actually get given by people daily![h=3][/h]https://www.netflix.com/tj/title/80063646

There's also other episodes where there show facial recognition in NYC - I never realized how close we are in fact getting like "the movies" in some technology.

certainly sounds fishy
have they asked for a deposit through Western Union?
WU is the bank for international scam artists

usually they have this scam where they want to send you money
like for instance to pay the truck driver as the brother is out of town
so they offer to send you say $50 though WU to pay the driver
then you are supposed to pay the driver cash for the bike

but all they are doing is collecting your bank info so they can make
a WU transfer to themselves from the banking info you give them

Give them the address of the local school or similar landmark and tell them you will meet there with cash. Show up and if it's legit(doubtful) with all the correct paperwork, go home and get the cash.

I emailed him asking for the Vin # and the truck drivers phone #...havent heard back and the ad is gone....

Got my hopes up for nothing ��

I emailed him asking for the Vin # and the truck drivers phone #...havent heard back and the ad is gone....

Got my hopes up for nothing ��

surprised you even had hope to begin with. This is obviously a scam. What seller is going to deliver the bike to you, let you test ride it and then if you decide you are not interested happily load it back up and drive away. This has been around for a while now, not sure how it all works but if it looks to good to be true it is.

surprised you even had hope to begin with. This is obviously a scam. What seller is going to deliver the bike to you, let you test ride it and then if you decide you are not interested happily load it back up and drive away. This has been around for a while now, not sure how it all works but if it looks to good to be true it is.

how it works is, they are just trying to phish for your personal details all. Motorcycle/Car/Laptop/TV does not actually exist.

similar details: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-02/scammers-targeting-car-buyers-and-sellers-online/7293160

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom