Oakville Yamaha Closing Dealership | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oakville Yamaha Closing Dealership

Oh wow, a 2017 Zero S and a Royal Enfield left... Could be a while before they sell that Continental GT... At least they're still selling gear?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

15k, doesnt seem like much of a discount

Some prefer to go down with the ship i guess

They have been closed since November. All the Yamaha stock went to Burlington. Sign on the door still says closed.

Not the Greatest location for a dealership to be honest.
I saw the end coming for awhile.

By-law not allowing windows or front door do to the propane tank next door at the gas station. Safety issues.

They have been closed since November. All the Yamaha stock went to Burlington. Sign on the door still says closed.

I guess that goes to show how successful they were that this is the first mention most of us have seen of this.

Shame, nice group of people there.

Can't say I had the best experience there. Went in once to look at gear etc. Spent an hour looking around and not once did anyone even acknowledge me or ask if I needed any help. I am not one for salespeople that hover but it is nice to at least get a simple hello and asked if you need any assistance. Went back a second time with my wife and got the same experience, salespeople too busy on their computers.

Glad i went in to sit on a Zero last summer ...there are no literally zero retailers left in the gta (see what i did there)

Considering that this version of the model starts at 18+k brand new without any additional fees, 15k is a pretty steep discount

Problem with zero in ontario is they never applied for the govt discount so nobody wants to pay that price for EV if it's not discounted.

Otherwise a range of 130km (hwy) to 250 (city) isn't bad at all for a guy like me doing 20km commute one way daily.

Very sad news indeed

Elio the owner, Luke in service and steve? In parts were all fantastic to deal with

Its always sad when a motorcycle shop shuts down but Im glad they are continuing as a gear and apparel store

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

'Bought my FJR from them...

It's a tough business to be in for sure... 'Hopefully they do well with the apparel etc where I'm sure the margins are better, providing you can get people in the door.
I wonder where Luke is headed... 'Seemed like a really good tech.

So that puts 3 apparel only (no bikes ) retailers within 20kms of each other. hope the market supports it.

I guess that goes to show how successful they were that this is the first mention most of us have seen of this.

Shame, nice group of people there.

Very sad news indeed

Elio the owner, Luke in service and steve? In parts were all fantastic to deal with

Its always sad when a motorcycle shop shuts down but Im glad they are continuing as a gear and apparel store

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

'Bought my FJR from them...

It's a tough business to be in for sure... 'Hopefully they do well with the apparel etc where I'm sure the margins are better, providing you can get people in the door.
I wonder where Luke is headed... 'Seemed like a really good tech.

Thank you all for the kind words and positive feedback. Working with everyone at Oakville Yamaha was an experience of a lifetime. Despite having many opportunities locally, we are headed out west... way out west. It is rather serendipitous that as these changes were occurring I had the opportunity to go back and teach at Centennial College (where I started my career path) and then my wife landed the position of a lifetime around Christmas (tenure-track at a university). So we are moving to Alberta. We are lucky enough to be in a position in our lives that we can completely relocate within 5 months of making the decision and not really out of necessity.

As an aside, if anyone wants to know what career field to choose: go into the trades. We are moving for my wife's job and I'll be collecting a paycheck first...

Well if my FJR breaks down on my way to Vancouver this summer I'll come lookin' for you... 'Hope you're taking your tools... Lol

Hahaha, yes I am. We are actually buying a place with a (fairly) large shop on site. So I will be able to do pretty much everything at home.

But it is an FJR, doubtful you will have any issues.

Alberta (both my kids are there) , land of ski boats, bass boats, multiple dirt/street/custom bikes, quads, side bys and never ending sleds. And oil money still supporting the fun. And insurance priced that a 23yr old can have an R1 as a first bike.

Best wishes for a bright future.

Another dealer closing? Sign of the times I guess. Sales in Canada are still declining. I can only speculate that the industry is not building what the new generation wants.

Another dealer closing? Sign of the times I guess. Sales in Canada are still declining. I can only speculate that the industry is not building what the new generation wants.
New generation wants their cell phones and to be buried in their virtual lives 24/7. It's all about social networking these days. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and what not. I don't think the new gen cares about motorcycles or even cars. They'd be perfectly content with self driving vehicles, which, to me, is a sad future that I'm not looking forward to.

american riders seem to be doing ok

Having **** weather and a rape'y insurance cartel dont help im sure

Back
Top Bottom