Oakville Yamaha Closing Dealership | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oakville Yamaha Closing Dealership

Alberta (both my kids are there) , land of ski boats, bass boats, multiple dirt/street/custom bikes, quads, side bys and never ending sleds. And oil money still supporting the fun. And insurance priced that a 23yr old can have an R1 as a first bike.

Best wishes for a bright future.

Thank you, we are very excited.

On a side note

Can north motors has also shut down

Used to be right next to the oakville drive test

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Not surprised. All the owner of Can North did was bash all the other stores in the GTA because they push more volume and can sell at more reasonable prices. He told me to never come back to Can North because I purchased the exact same helmet from GP bikes for $80 less.....what a sh**ty way of doing business.

Not surprised. All the owner of Can North did was bash all the other stores in the GTA because they push more volume and can sell at more reasonable prices. He told me to never come back to Can North because I purchased the exact same helmet from GP bikes for $80 less.....what a sh**ty way of doing business.
I guess not every experience is the same

I've visited John many times and he was always willing to help ( bought tires, jacket, visor, air pressure gauge)

I don't disagree that gp bikes has better deals on gear - but i never had a bad experience at can north

New generation wants their cell phones and to be buried in their virtual lives 24/7. It's all about social networking these days. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and what not. I don't think the new gen cares about motorcycles or even cars. They'd be perfectly content with self driving vehicles, which, to me, is a sad future that I'm not looking forward to.

It is sad how some people think comparing themselves to others & trying to one up each others fake happiness on social media is somehow a meaningful activity.

Doubt I'm an anomaly but there aren't many millennials that live without other people's constant attention & approval, too many try to validate their existence based on what others think which just makes them weak willed individuals.

^ they are a funny bunch
will spend money they can't afford on clothes
haircuts, trips, new phones, beard wax

but are not into vehicles or homes

lots to read about how phones and social media have made them what they are
the dopamine hits they get from a liked post or a retweet
become more critical to self-worth than human relationships

Alberta (both my kids are there) , land of ski boats, bass boats, multiple dirt/street/custom bikes, quads, side bys and never ending sleds. And oil money still supporting the fun. And insurance priced that a 23yr old can have an R1 as a first bike.

My nephew was out there in the heart of the oil boom.

His Facebook feed was loaded full of all those exact toys 2 or 3 years ago.

Then the bottom fell out. Some are still hanging on..many are not. I don't see those things on FB anymore, and he's moved to Vancouver along with his side business of roofing.

^ they are a funny bunch
will spend money they can't afford on clothes
haircuts, trips, new phones, beard wax

but are not into vehicles or homes

lots to read about how phones and social media have made them what they are
the dopamine hits they get from a liked post or a retweet
become more critical to self-worth than human relationships

I don't agree with you. This is a very judgmental way of thinking. My younger brother and his friends (20-22) all ride. They have decent jobs and didn't get mommy and daddy to buy their bikes because their priorities were "haircuts, new phones and beard wax".....Also, living in the GTA makes it literally impossible for any "new generation" to purchase their first home unless their families are well enough off to help them out.

I don't agree with you. This is a very judgmental way of thinking. My younger brother and his friends (20-22) all ride. They have decent jobs and didn't get mommy and daddy to buy their bikes because their priorities were "haircuts, new phones and beard wax".....Also, living in the GTA makes it literally impossible for any "new generation" to purchase their first home unless their families are well enough off to help them out.
I suppose I'm to blame for derailing this thread. Perhaps, we should bring it back on track

I wonder how they stayed in business so long. Mr. E wont bulge on any new price and his trade-in prices were a joke at best. Good mechanics, they were fast and honest, had my bike in there. Not a busy shop. Always had better deals with Rick at Burlington Cycle, they seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

I wonder how they stayed in business so long. Mr. E wont bulge on any new price and his trade-in prices were a joke at best. Good mechanics, they were fast and honest, had my bike in there. Not a busy shop. Always had better deals with Rick at Burlington Cycle, they seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

I agree with your comment on Burly Cycle. I usually don't like taking my car/bike to stealsherhips, but I didn't feel like leaving my bike at Ace Moto Tech for 1 week (yes 1 week for a small job) when Burly Cycle said they'd have it for 1-1.5 hrs, so I figured I'd give them a whirl as they are also 5 mins from my house. They quoted me 1-1.5hr labour for the job (I supplied all necessary parts). They ended up replacing a bunch of missing bolts and worked on my bike for over 3 hours. They went above and beyond what I asked and still charged me 1.5hrs as quoted. I'd definitely go there again for service. Tom in service, and the french guy in parts are really helpful. Seem like a bunch of stand up guys.

Bummer. I've praised them more than once on this board for the good experiences I have had there.

Will definitely pay them a visit once they reopen their new store

Can't say I had the best experience there. Went in once to look at gear etc. Spent an hour looking around and not once did anyone even acknowledge me or ask if I needed any help. I am not one for salespeople that hover but it is nice to at least get a simple hello and asked if you need any assistance. Went back a second time with my wife and got the same experience, salespeople too busy on their computers.

My experience was exactly the same. The only difference is, I wasn't there as long but still totally neglected. Was looking at the FJ-09 at the time.

I suppose I'm to blame for derailing this thread. Perhaps, we should bring it back on track

you're right

I like Yamaha equipment
everything they make is top quality

the dealer where I bought my bike is not too close by
so I go to the Kawasaki dealer that is, for gear and stuff
they're a good bunch and keep trying to get me to switch bikes

told them if they ever hung up a Yamaha sign they'd get all my business
owner replied that he'd never do that, doesn't like the Yamaha rep
he and the guy that owns the Yamaha dealer are friends
rep keeps telling him to screw the other guy
we can put another dealer in his area if we want
other guy has been repping their brand for 40 years

My experience was exactly the same. The only difference is, I wasn't there as long but still totally neglected. Was looking at the FJ-09 at the time.
I prefer being ignored instead of hounded by them. If and when I need assistance, it's easy enough to ask for it.

Bought my R3 from them a few years ago, and they handled both service recalls on my bike. I'm really sad to hear this news. Good Yamaha dealers are hard to come by in the GTA, and they were great people to do business with. I've never had a problem with my bike and I'm going to miss having a dealer I can rely on for fast and reliable service. I wish Elio and the rest of the team all the best in the future!

Back
Top Bottom