Track Day advice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Day advice

Low rider

Site Supporter
I have been given a track day for my birthday.
Not specified what kind of track day as of yet.

I am able to choose from a super car day or a motorcycle track day.

I really don't want to take my bike to the track. I think I will drop my bike and be extremely ****** off if I do. Plus all the work prepping the bike for the day leaves me not wanting to do a bike track day.

I believe, all the track days that you use their bikes, are gone now.

I really do want to take a nice Porsche out onto Mostport.

Is there any thing else out there?

I have read about a track day at Mosport. It sounds great. But you only get 3 laps.

My first track day was on my own bike and I think it took me all of 3.5minutes to get it ready. I taped the head light and took off the mirrors.

From that first track day I probably got about a full season of road riding experience lol...

The most fun I've ever had on a bike was a the track...

Why does everyone believe they are automatically going to be dropping their bike at a track day.

Take caution, ride within your limits and ride your bike.
You will learn tons about your bike, and be a more confident rider.

Yeah, driving a super car around the track would be cool and all but have you ever taken a corner with your knee down, throttle wide open not knowing how you made it out alive? Well... that's a whole different kind of cool. Give it a shot and you'll probably be hooked for a while.

My first track day was on my own bike and I think it took me all of 3.5minutes to get it ready. I taped the head light and took off the mirrors.

Did you not have to drain the coolant and replace it with water?

I've done 3 car trackdays and approx 50 bike days. Do the bike trackday.

Did you not have to drain the coolant and replace it with water?

Yes, you have get rid of regular coolant. I't slippery and extremely difficult to get off the track if it spills. Distilled water or Wetter Water.

It only takes a few minutes to do.

I never got why people think that as soon as they get to the track they are guaranteed to drop their bike, you've been riding the thing for x years without any issues, and the second you get it out on track you are going to drop it?

OP - take the bike, prep is easy and its a load of fun

I have been given a track day for my birthday.
Not specified what kind of track day as of yet.

I am able to choose from a super car day or a motorcycle track day.

I really don't want to take my bike to the track. I think I will drop my bike and be extremely ****** off if I do. Plus all the work prepping the bike for the day leaves me not wanting to do a bike track day.

I believe, all the track days that you use their bikes, are gone now.

I really do want to take a nice Porsche out onto Mostport.

Is there any thing else out there?

I have read about a track day at Mosport. It sounds great. But you only get 3 laps.

Rob,

Racer 5 still does Bike rentals. https://www.racer5.ca/trackbike-rentals.

Either that, or borrow a bike from one of Brian P fleet. :D

Pro6 has 1 SV650 and a few R6s they rent out at their Calabogie track days.

Or do Racer5 of Fast. Get training as well as a rental.

I think prepping the bike is less of an issue compared to whether your street bike is the best bike for you on a track. Whether you go down on your bike or a rental, you're still paying for the damage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom