Track days, lawyers and lawsuits | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track days, lawyers and lawsuits

If it wasn't the sandbags it would have been the weeds. If it wasn't the weeds, it would have been the sandy surface. If there was gravel run-off areas, it would have been that. Some people just have it in their moral make-up to sue when they get hurt while voluntarily doing something risky. It's what killed dirt and trail riding in Ontario back in the 1980s.

More lawyers = more laws, bigger government, more lawsuits, more nanny states. Now its permeating into track days. Pretty soon it will be illegal to take a piss without having purchased insurance for it beforehand.

Perhaps we should do as Shakespeare suggested, "Lets kill all the lawyers"

More lawyers = more laws, bigger government, more lawsuits, more nanny states. Now its permeating into track days. Pretty soon it will be illegal to take a piss without having purchased insurance for it beforehand.

Perhaps we should do as Shakespeare suggested, "Lets kill all the lawyers"

Perhaps you should take a few and try to understand Shakespeare.....prob the worst quote you could have used (for this example).

Different sport but same concept, 2010 luge death in BC.

http://www.businessinsurance.com/ar...977/olympics-death-raises-liability-questions

Such waivers have their limits, agreed Mr. Mair, who is chief operating officer in Phoenix, Md., for China Connection Global Healthcare Inc., a provider of destination health care services. The waivers do not apply in cases involving gross negligence or willful acts by the defendants, said Mr. Mair, who also is a former president of the New York-based Risk & Insurance Management Society Inc.

Did anyone complain about or question the bags before the crash as was the case in the luge death?

Perhaps you should take a few and try to understand Shakespeare.....prob the worst quote you could have used (for this example).

Dont tell me your a lawyer...

Dont tell me your a lawyer...
I guess humanity will never mature beyond our natural tendency to blame anyone who happens to belong to a particular group for some problem. But wouldn't it make more sense that the law is the problem, rather than every single individual lawyer?

Guess not.

Could you please elaborate on this. I've read the book and spent some time googling and still not sure why you think the quote is out of place. I'm honestly interested in hearing your opinion on this.

Don't tell me you've never read the book you are quoting...

Could you please elaborate on this. I've read the book and spent some time googling and still not sure why you think the quote is out of place. I'm honestly interested in hearing your opinion on this.

The poet is being sarcastic, imo. Dick makes joke -let's kill them - is contrary to what I believe is actually being said.

The lawyers didn't create this issue. Track put down bags, and warned everybody where they were. I believe warnings were given, and riders accepted the risk. You read the rules, signed and rode.

It is interesting to see how words can be interpreted completely differently by different folks. Dick's comment comes during a conversation about overthrowing the monarchy and making a "perfect" world. I think he is basically saying that the first thing to do in making a perfect world is to "kill all the lawyers". I don't believe he was being sarcastic. I could be wrong...:)

The poet is being sarcastic, imo. Dick makes joke -let's kill them - is contrary to what I believe is actually being said.

The lawyers didn't create this issue. Track put down bags, and warned everybody where they were. I believe warnings were given, and riders accepted the risk. You read the rules, signed and rode.

Re: Crash at Laguna-Seca Track Day could affect future North American Track Days

this is a recent re-post

Apologies....I actually checked. When I posted the new subject title, an automated checker popped up and asked if I wanted to check for a similar post. I agreed and it came back as "nothing found". Guess I didn't have "lawyers", "trial", "court" or something to trigger a positive hit.

Re: Crash at Laguna-Seca Track Day could affect future North American Track Days

For the love of God......

I haven't read through the entire thread but....

This is why we can't have nice things! I really hope this lawsuit fails hard.

Making a comment without having the relevant information, seems like a solid GTAM reaction.
油井緋色;2562224 said:
For the love of God......

I haven't read through the entire thread but....

This is why we can't have nice things! I really hope this lawsuit fails hard.

Making a comment without having the relevant information, seems like a solid GTAM reaction.

I read the entire article and can see both sides of argument with both being a slipper slope.

But hey, if they lawsuit wins we can be certain of one thing: the average age of riders on track days and races will get even higher due to costs, which will result in a direct impact on the participation of this sport; this is what I was eluding to.

油井緋色;2562236 said:
I read the entire article and can see both sides of argument with both being a slipper slope.

But hey if they lawsuit wins we can be certain of one thing: the average age of riders on track days and races will get even higher due to costs, which will result in a direct impact on the participation of this sport; this is what I was eluding to.

Sure it sucks but if the lawsuit has made it past the discoveries stage it is a certainty that the lawsuit will settle when both parties attend the mediator before court. For sure this lawsuit was taken on by his lawyer on a "no win no pay basis" unless hes got money to burn... soo its like money in the bank. The battle will prob be over percentage of fault and potential severity of future wage loss thus determining the final amounts. The waiver thingy means jacko I haven't read full thread but know this first hand SKIING

Back
Top Bottom