Hyper flash after replacing relay | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hyper flash after replacing relay

bikepike

Installed 2 led front signals and a rear integrated tailight, tailight has 1 wire for each turn signals and uses the stock connector for the brake light which is grounded. Front signals have 2 wires each, power and ground. Signals are installed correctly, flash correct ways left & right. Replaced the relay and still had hyper flash. Got a replacement from the seller which I installed. Hyper flash continues and now bike won't start so I reverted back to the original relay from seller.

Tried disconnecting rear turn signals still hyper flashes, tried the same with the front. Crimped the two grounds in the rear from the stock connectors not being used, still flashes, tried to ground them separately, still flashes.

Not sure what the problem is or if I just have a ****** batch of relays from the seller. Any suggestions as to what's wrong would be appreciated

bike is a 2015 gsxs 750

What did you replace the flasher relay with? Another stock one? Or one that is meant for use with LED lights ...

The seller sent you the wrong relay. Basic electronic relays are electronically timed, they cannot hyperflash. Electronic relays with 'lampout features' work for cars but not on bikes. The lampout feature causes the relay to flash faster when it sees too low a current draw -- these are usually calibrated for cars which use higher powered LEDs -- when this type of relay is installed on a bike, the regular current draw is so low that it trips the lampout fast-flash feature.

Solution - go to Kapsco or Daytona and get a bike electronic flasher or buy their led resistors then use the bike's standard relay.

It probably is the relay, just weird since people with my bike used the same from same seller and it got rid of the flash. I'll get a refund and buy one off a site like TST since the stores you mentioned are far from me. Thanks Mike

yes, flasher relay is designed to work with specific circuit resistance
LED's have much less than incandescent bulbs, hence the hyper flash

Back
Top Bottom