Bike fell over during U-turn :( | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike fell over during U-turn :(

Dropped mine, not the Ducati, was Suzuki SV 1000.

Was doing a U turn at the traffic lights. My friend wasn't going to do the U turn so he did a left and turn later.
Looked down the road and saw him coming up on the sidewalk. Couldn`t stop laughing and lost control and dropped it. Guess you had to be there.
OK that's pretty damn funny!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

This is one mistake that is easy to make. I was riding a bike that was carrying heavy cargo,
from Florida to Toronto and I found myself in Skullbone Tenessee, needing to make a U-Turn.
Yup, I dumped it, at almost zero MPH, and stood there with the bike lying on its left side
between my legs. The cows were impressed. They said "Moo".

The most embarrassing thing was that I needed to spend about 20 minutes unloading my
cargo from the fallen bike before I could lift the dang thing. I took long enough that
a helpful ex-biker showed up and helped me lift it.

Damage: crushed left front turn signal (but the bulb survived and still lit and blinked).

I had almost 40,000 miles on the bike then, and that was my first upset on it.
It now has gone over 90,000 miles, and I haven't upset it again.

So you are in good company. Change pants, select first gear, ride on.

Going to do some Uturns and slow maneuvers in the parking lot today, will be more careful.

Pick a nice clean area without sand and gravel.

Start with doing full circles and see how tight you can make them. Both directions. Your head should be looking at the other side of the circle, NOT the area 2 feet in front of your wheel.

Try riding towards perpendicular parking lines and use them to judge how wide your u-turns are. You should see improvement really quick. Same thing for the head placement here. Once you've picked and reached your turning point, swivel your head all the way around to the 180 degree position. The bike will follow. Make sure to look up the road and not at the end point of you u-turn.

One afternoon in the parking lot can make a huge difference on your handling skills. ...more practice is always better.

Holy **** the number of ads that appeared on that Photobucket album

Back
Top Bottom