Bike fell over during U-turn :( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike fell over during U-turn :(

CriticalCore

Was doing a u-turn, let a car pass who happend to start turning left after passing me. Had to avoid the car, ended up focusing too much on the curb and hit it, bike fell fairly slowly onto my leg which probably helped from anything important getting hit, was at about 70 degree angle I'd guess due to my leg & the pedestrian curb.

Right turn signal slightly scuffed, not too worried will prob leave it as is.
Upper fairing scratched, not looking forward to fixing the paint on that. Will leave it as is if I can't fix er myself.
Lower right fairing has a 10cm crack with lots of scratches, looks like it took the brunt of force, mostly plastic so it'll be easy to replace with new for like $50
Rear Brake pedal, bike fell pedestrian sidewalk so I believe it may have avoided some damage. Didn't feel anything wrong with it, no wiggle room side to side looks okay.
Throttle end of handle bar scratched a little,
Foot-peg looks okay
The Yoshi exhaust got scratched :(

Glad the engine took 0 damage. My pride is another story lol.

http://s530.photobucket.com/user/Dima_kab107/library/ninja?sort=3&page=1

Gravity sucks unless your'e skydiving.Ride safe.

Glad you're safe.

Little errors make good lessons. Whenever I mad a mistake that injured my bike, I always left a little mark. That mark serves to remind me to never make that mistake again. My first few bikes looked like Terry Sawchuk's face.

Practice your bike handling skills in a parking lot. Any bike can easily u-turn using less than 2 lanes. But not so for most riders since nobody takes the time to practice this.
There is a Moto Gymkhana group in the GTA. They're on Facebook (sorry if I said a bad word). Check them out if you want to practice or watch.

Happens to the best of us.

Bike looks good in white. :)

I think everyone drops their bike at one time or other. I had my 750 lb very top heavy ST for 15 years and never dropped it, then did it twice in one season. Avoid pea gravel, wet grass and, apparently, U turns. Don't worry, after a few months of intense therapy and self reflection, perhaps a bit of medication as required, you'll accept this as a normal bike thing and just move on.

Happened to me once on my Vulcan 900....in a parking lot....I felt ridiculous....old man with years and years of experience....lol.....it happens

I dropped mine at the HD parking lot o_O
Was after a long ride up north, I was freaking tired I wasn't thinking, used to much front brake while turning into a spot, and down it went.
Luckily they helped me put it up.

Easy to learn from these kinda mistakes. A few scratches, bah at least nothing is really broken. War wounds!

Nice ride enjoy!

two kinds of riders, those that have dropped a bike, and those that will eventually. It happens.

My saddest was bike idling in the driveway, I don't think I got the side stand down all the way. I was standing 15ft away and watched helplessly as my spotless red Ducati toppled over. Bent a handlebar, broke clutch lever, dented the tank. $1700 later it looked spotless again. I cried a little.

My saddest was bike idling in the driveway, I don't think I got the side stand down all the way. I was standing 15ft away and watched helplessly as my spotless red Ducati toppled over. Bent a handlebar, broke clutch lever, dented the tank. $1700 later it looked spotless again. I cried a little.

Similar thing happened with my Yamaha. I'd started it in the garage and moved it to the top of the driveway just outside the garage to warm while I put my gloves and helmet on. Because the driveway has a wee little incline I watched it for a few seconds and, satisfied it was stable and non-moving, turned to get my helmet. Heard a "thud" and turned to see it lying on its side. Fortunately, the frame slider took the bulk of the weight; nothing broke but there were a few scrapes. Felt so bad.

Dropped mine, not the Ducati, was Suzuki SV 1000.

Was doing a U turn at the traffic lights. My friend wasn't going to do the U turn so he did a left and turn later.
Looked down the road and saw him coming up on the sidewalk. Couldn`t stop laughing and lost control and dropped it. Guess you had to be there.

Just as there are very few virgins by age 80, never having dropped a bike even once, is also very rare. Congratulations, you have joined the club and are now no longer a bike virgin.

Last edited:
I dropped mine at the HD parking lot o_O
Was after a long ride up north, I was freaking tired I wasn't thinking, used to much front brake while turning into a spot, and down it went.
Luckily they helped me put it up.

Easy to learn from these kinda mistakes. A few scratches, bah at least nothing is really broken. War wounds!

Nice ride enjoy!

Whoops, rear only for slow maneuver sir!

Yeah ...feather the rear brake against throttle make life easier
....front brake is toxic.....torque you over in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom