Alberta to allow turban-wearing Sikhs right to ride motorcycles without helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alberta to allow turban-wearing Sikhs right to ride motorcycles without helmets

When do I get to holster a glock?? I worship the self defense gods!

Is this forum English?

Is this forum English?

G. T. A. M forum based in Toronto and with ENGLISH being official language in Canada, yes one can assume this to be a correct statement.
Btw what about the dagger at least a tank mount pouche you never know those left turners might need a roadside shave.

Should be you cracka the melon you is on your own glue and tape and you are golden...

This.

As long as OHIP is not billed I don't care what grown adults do or don't do (and yes I know this is not an Ontario story).

Political correctness run amok.

I wonder how insurance will work for these people. Have a little off and suffer a life-altering brain injury that would have otherwise been a scuff on a helmet; surely the system would make it financially untenable to ride without a helmet. Or is that discriminatory too?

If the insurance industry can be forced to provide "reasonable" rates for them then surely that be a step toward abolishing the gender and age discrimination freely practiced now.

A little time spent on a hospital head trauma ward is usually quite an experience for most people.As an uninjured spectator of course.Thi is coming from recent personal experience.

all good, they used to riding around back home in nothing but flip flops anyway

Dodging delhi traffic in that heat aint no joke

Bikes are dangerous, with or without full gear.

As i get older i care less about the helmet laws. My take is if you exclude one party/religion from having to wear protective headgear, then you have to make it across the board ruling also for everyone else who doesn't want to wear a lid.

Bikes are dangerous, with or without full gear.

As i get older i care less about the helmet laws. My take is if you exclude one party/religion from having to wear protective headgear, then you have to make it across the board ruling also for everyone else who doesn't want to wear a lid.

I concur. Either the law treats everyone the same or there's no law.

**** special groups and privileges for the few.

The law should be like the Michigan helmet law where you're required to carry extra insurance if you ride without a helmet. I don't believe an exemption should be based on religion, it should apply to anyone. I suspect however, that Doug Ford will be a lot more receptive to the exemption than Wynne in Ontario.

I believe Jagmeet had something to do with these laws. He fought for them from what i read

As many have said, either have a law or don't have it; there shouldn't be religious exemptions.

It should be amended that if you ride without a helmet you forfeit OHIP and insurance benefits, we should not pay to care for you when your religious choice requires you to receive round the clock medical care for life.

My seat-belt sometimes wrinkles my shirt, where do I get an exemption?

The law should be like the Michigan helmet law where you're required to carry extra insurance if you ride without a helmet. I don't believe an exemption should be based on religion, it should apply to anyone.

excellent idea ,..

Back
Top Bottom