Alberta to allow turban-wearing Sikhs right to ride motorcycles without helmets | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alberta to allow turban-wearing Sikhs right to ride motorcycles without helmets

@ScorpionT16
thanks for the insight. so basiclly you're telling me that these lobbyists are able to use their pride to push their agenda... doesnt seem right to me.

yawn....the anthem is meaningless
was never the official song until 1980
very few people are standing on guard for anything

and the knuckledragers will be ****** to learn
it was written by a Frenchman from Quebec City
later Anglicized when the British monarch visited

here's the original version, translated to English
sounds like a White Nationalist celebration

Under the eye of God, near the giant river,The Canadian grows hoping.He was born of a proud race,Blessed was his birthplace.Heaven has noted his careerIn this new world.Always guided by its light,He will keep the honour of his flag,He will keep the honour of his flag.From his patron, the precursor of the true God,He wears the halo of fire on his brow.Enemy of tyrannyBut full of loyalty,He wants to keep in harmony,His proud freedom;And by the effort of his genius,Set on our ground the truth,Set on our ground the truth.Sacred love of the throne and the altar,Fill our hearts with your immortal breath!Among the foreign races,Our guide is the law:Let us know how to be a people of brothers,Under the yoke of faith.And repeat, like our fathers,The battle cry: "For Christ and King!"The battle cry: "For Christ and King!"

Must be meaningless too for the people who fought and died for that anthem, you must be an old depressed man. I feel for you

Must be meaningless too for the people who fought and died for that anthem, you must be an old depressed man. I feel for you

JavaFan's translation of the original song is pretty accurate. As for those who fought and died for it, it was not the official anthem (but was a popular "patriotic song" for some, mostly in Quebec--sort of defacto anthem there, as was Maple Leaf Forever elsewhere in Canada) until well after the two World Wars, even after Korea. Technically they fought and died for "God Save The King" (Queen in Korea, not sure on timing?) in those wars. They also did not fight and die for our current flag...we had different versions of the Red Ensign and the Union Jack....

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/o-canada/

So again, who fought and died for what? Afghanistan, yes... but what about the two wars and Korea?

Knowledge should not be feared even if it does not fit the personal narrative...

Last edited:
edit: BMD, good on ya for having the ability to disseminate information

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom