ODSC Bethany 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ODSC Bethany 2018

Xhumeka

Who's going?? It's a month away - get your bikes ready NOW!

PhSaBsV.jpg

This is an awesome ride (my first time last year)

Got some spoons and rubber over the winter - I’m ready:

zMC9C2C.jpg

What, exactly, does "All new very scenic adventure route will be available for bigger bikes with non-aggressive off road/on road tires" mean?

What, exactly, does "All new very scenic adventure route will be available for bigger bikes with non-aggressive off road/on road tires" mean?
Most likely a very casual ride down some gravel roads.

I have ridden my CB500X through the small bike route, so it is doable with any bike. You will just go slower.

Hey you guys know if dirt bikes can participate?
Cancel that - the poster says BLUE plates only

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey you guys know if dirt bikes can participate?
Cancel that - the poster says BLUE plates only

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I'm sure there will be some green plated bikes hidden along the massive group of bikes.

I'm really surprised they haven't postponed it yet - I'd be very surprised if all this ice/snow disappears by Sunday and in previous years they have postponed it in similar conditions...

The official ride thread is up: http://www.odsc.on.ca/.xenforo/inde...cial-information-and-registration-info.23300/

Apparently, this is an ‘expert’ section of the bike-bike route:
uVM9hM3.jpg
For anyone considering the "big bike" route don't let the picture scare you, it is an optional bypass "challenge".
I did the big bike route last year on my versys no big deal. It sounds as though it'll be a little easier this year. Last year it was mostly gravel roads with the odd easy two-track trail section.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised they haven't postponed it yet - I'd be very surprised if all this ice/snow disappears by Sunday and in previous years they have postponed it in similar conditions...
It's getting harder every year to allow postponements. With the Osdc, oftr trail rides, and all the races going on these days there aren't any empty dates to postpone to.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It's getting harder every year to allow postponements. With the Osdc, oftr trail rides, and all the races going on these days there aren't any empty dates to postpone to.

That's unfortunate but it's just been confirmed on ODSC:

The Bethany Ride will still be held on Sunday April 22nd but expect some dramatic changes to the routes and terrain we can traverse responsibly on two wheels at this point. Moving to next week or the week after is unfortunately not an option.

Last weekend’s winter storm has left behind more than 3 to 5 inches of hard packed snow and ice in the Port Perry/Bethany area. We had hoped for warmer weather this week to melt the snow and give us a chance to assess the damages and condition of on our planned route but that simply has not happened as “winter” is still very much a reality here.

Even with sun and double digits temperatures forecast for later this week and for the weekend, the snow, ice, and water will most likely still be an unwanted obstacle on Sunday. Most of the unmaintained roads we traditionally use for the dual sport portion this event will remain snow covered, icy, severely wet, and full of downed trees and low hanging branches.

As a result, the default route for both the “Dual Sport” and “Adventure” riders for this weekend’s event will be changed to use primarily maintained gravel roads. All riders will essentially ride the newly developed “Adventure Route” which is longer, uses primarily gravel roads and will incorporate some interesting points of interest and scenic areas along way. Lunch will still be at Couches Dinner in Bethany. The GPS files and details for this route will be made available on Thursday evening for you review.

We will be out scouting the area on our bikes on Friday and Saturday and will to develop some “Challenge” options based on our ability to responsibly traverse select unmaintained roads. These options will be released as optional GPS routes on Saturday evening and will be discussed in detail at the Sunday morning riders meeting.

Please join us for a fun day of spring riding and socializing. After all, riding your dual sport or adventure bike anywhere on a warm spring day is still better than staying home and just thinking about it!

The weather is forecast to be warm and sunny. Let’s get out and ride even if its only on gravel roads!

We will also start planning a second full version of this ride for later in the spring season when conditions are more suitable and we can ride the entire route and have more resources available. Stay tuned for more details

It’s also worth mentioning that recent incidents regarding early season off road riding in the area have sparked a lot local controversy. Please ride responsibly, be aware of the impact on the environment and the image you portray to others.
Kevin Nicol (KTM 525/300 EXC)
leaddrz@yahoo.ca

I really hope they find some interesting "challenge" options Saturday otherwise I'm skipping this year... my TE450 rattles my fillings out on 100km/h+ speeds so I have no interest in 100% gravel running.

pin_1524405600.png

Last edited:
That's unfortunate but it's just been confirmed on ODSC:

I really hope they find some interesting "challenge" options Saturday otherwise I'm skipping this year... my TE450 rattles my fillings out on 100km/h+ speeds so I have no interest in 100% gravel running.

pin_1524405600.png

I am located east of Port.
If you want some extra scouts out there checking routes drop me a pm.
I will be out on the bike all weekend.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom